PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a broken Linhof Technika V rotating back?

Dumb Handsome
29-May-2015, 11:52
The little plastic piece behind the sheet film lock (Graflok lock) on my Tech V broke this morning. Does anyone know where a replacement part can be found, or if it can be dealt with while getting the camera serviced?

I imagine this is a fairly common problem. It seems like such a simple repair, just a matter of getting the piece of plastic and screwing it in, but where to find the plastic? I don't want to put out 300 dollars for a new back. It still does work, it's just a pain to use now. :confused: I'm infatuated with this camera otherwise. :cool:

Jac@stafford.net
29-May-2015, 12:05
Can you post a snapshot of the part and area?
I have some Technika V back parts.

Bob Salomon
29-May-2015, 12:49
Precision Camera - Bob Watkins
Nippon Photo - Rim

Are the U.S. Linhof service centers. As has been posted here many, many times.

Dumb Handsome
29-May-2015, 13:18
Jac,

I hope these help. They show the place where the piece sits, how it looks without it, and the actual remaining piece itself. The final photo is of the side that faces the camera, but it should give you an idea of its shape.

Dumb Handsome
29-May-2015, 13:21
Precision Camera did really nice work on my Widelux Panon 120 about a decade ago, but I'm reluctant to send my Technika out for several weeks due to a tiny piece of plastic.

Bob Salomon
29-May-2015, 13:23
So, call him and ask if he has the part. Current part does not look at all like yours so you might want a pair of them if only new ones are available.

Louis Pacilla
29-May-2015, 13:37
Precision Camera - Bob Watkins
Nippon Photo - Rim

Are the U.S. Linhof service centers. As has been posted here many, many times.

Precision Camera did really nice work on my Widelux Panon 120 about a decade ago, but I'm reluctant to send my Technika out for several weeks due to a tiny piece of plastic.

Why can't you purchase the plastic piece your after from Precision & have them mail it to you?

Louis Pacilla
29-May-2015, 13:41
So, call him and ask if he has the part. Current part does not look at all like yours so you might want a pair of them if only new ones are available.

That's good thinking Bob.