PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Aero Technika 45 EL - help needed!

terra
28-May-2015, 11:44
I have been doing a little aerial photography for some/many years, in both film era (Hasselblad and Agiflite) and now with Hasselblad H1 and H3 as tools (Robinson Aero 44 as platform). However, using film for my own work (on ground that is...), I intend to bring a venerable old Linhof Aero Technika 45EL up with me on suitable assignments this year to capture some shots of my own from air.

However, with all the other parts of system in place, I still haven't located info on the pin-out for the 24vDC power supply for the Aero-Rollex film back I will use. I have emailed Linhof Camera Werke with no luck so far. Thus; any in this forum knowing where to locate pin-out for the 3-pin round DC connector (identical style on both camera body and back), or ideally a manual for the Aero-Rollex or the complete system; will of course pay for any manual made available.

Thanks for any help!

Jac@stafford.net
29-May-2015, 08:54
Hopefully, Bob Salomon reads this and can answer. I recall several years ago that Linhof had the plug and cable for 24V DC. If true, then the schematic might be available. Posting the serial number of your Aero Technika would be helpful.

Another resource is a very knowledgeable and honorable man, Michael Kevin Johnson of Aerial Photo Lab. See this link for contact info. (http://www.aerialphotolab.com/) I have had no contact with Mr. Johnson for decades, but he is probably the best connected aerial film business person.

An alternative to the schematic would be to test each connector to read the polarities and function of the other wire(s), but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Someone here else probably could.

I hope you are successful in this project.

terra
29-May-2015, 14:37
Hopefully, Bob Salomon reads this and can answer. I recall several years ago that Linhof had the plug and cable for 24V DC. If true, then the schematic might be available. Posting the serial number of your Aero Technika would be helpful.

Another resource is a very knowledgeable and honorable man, Michael Kevin Johnson of Aerial Photo Lab. See this link for contact info. (http://www.aerialphotolab.com/) I have had no contact with Mr. Johnson for decades, but he is probably the best connected aerial film business person.

An alternative to the schematic would be to test each connector to read the polarities and function of the other wire(s), but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Someone here else probably could.

I hope you are successful in this project.

Thanks for good hints! Unfortunately, in an old thread on the same issue, Bob S replied that they did not have the schematics for the Aero Rollex, and could not help. Imagine that have not changed in the last years. I have used a multimeter on the different pins, battery-chamber + and - , the fuse socket and the release, so I have a pretty good impression of the electrical layout on the camera, but due to protection between battery chamber and external 24v supply, the two supplies is separated electrically, and the pin out is not defined yet. So, if I do not manage to get the pin-out I will just have to open either the camera body or aero-rollex and track the polarity that way, but I had hoped not to have to open before anything malfunctions. Contacting aerial photo lab is a great idea, I will try that one.
No way this will halt the project, just takes a little more time, film is already secured - not too bad when we speak 5 inch rollfilm..

Terra