PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Day Pack for 8x10 Holders

Dean Cookson
23-Jan-2005, 22:30
Has anyone tried the Lowepro Day Pack that clips onto the AW backpacks as way to carry film holders? If you have, how many holders can you get into it?

Thanks

paul owen
24-Jan-2005, 06:16
Hi. Tried using one to carry 5x4 film holders and found that the Day Pack was not a good idea! I couldn't find a way to arrange them without them all slipping to the bottom of the pack!

Richard Fenner
24-Jan-2005, 08:41
I use mine on my Super Trekker, and thought it a brilliant idea when I started. It's still pretty useful, but you have to watch a few things. Firstly, although you can fit seven 8x10 holders in, stick to five or six - any more and you have trouble getting the holders out without catching the dark slides of the adjacent holders. Second, remember that you're now occupying a different shape to the one you normally have - there's a definite ridge to your profile, and you don't fit through spaces you otherwise could.

Also, the day pack isn't watertight, so you might want to consider using a separate bag inside the day pack in case of light rain.

I keep about 3-4 holders in the main pack still, and the rest go in the Day Pack.

Keith Pitman
24-Jan-2005, 20:35
The strap-on daypack is good for lunch and/or a couple of water bottles, but not too good for holders. It is just a bag and offers not protection and no organization. Put them in the pack itself.

fishfish
24-Jan-2005, 20:36
My experiance mirrors Richard's - I carry my 8x10 in a Super Trekker, and have 6 film holders in the daypack...I carry the other 4 in a separate backpack. The Super Trekker is a fabulous bag, built for serious use, and should hold most 8x10 fild cameras with ease (and lenses, filter etc to boot).

Dean Cookson
24-Jan-2005, 21:20
Thanks for all the replies!

I've currently got my Pro-Trekker full of an 8x10, 2 lenses, a meter, a loupe, a few filters and 4 holders that just barely fit. I'm heading off to a workshop next week and want to bring more than 4 holders out in the field with me but there's no way they're going inside the pack. I guess it's time for a weekend visit to the local REI...