PDA

View Full Version : where to get parts for wista/tachihara?

koh303
6-May-2015, 18:48
Is there a US source for spares for Wista and or Tachihara?

Oren Grad
6-May-2015, 19:55
OmegaBrandess is the new US distributor for Wista. There is no current US distributor for Tachihara.

Richard Raymond
7-May-2015, 09:06
For things other than bellows, glass or lens boards the best way to get some spares is probably to buy a second beater camera and strip the parts from that. Something that has really bad bellows would probably be the cheapest deal with the best other parts but I haven't checked lately.
Ric

IanG
7-May-2015, 11:02
Someone in the US was selling off all the Wista service spare parts on ebay very recently, within the last months. I was watching the sale but I guess deleted it - however the seller was acklma who I assume runs a repair shop.

Whoever bought the parts I assume they'll sell them.

Ian

Bob Salomon
7-May-2015, 11:11
Nippon in NYC bought all the parts from Marflex. They are in NYC. Ask for Rim.

koh303
7-May-2015, 11:49
Someone in the US was selling off all the Wista service spare parts on ebay very recently, within the last months. I was watching the sale but I guess deleted it - however the seller was acklma who I assume runs a repair shop.

Whoever bought the parts I assume they'll sell them.

Ian

ive contacted the seller of that listing, and it appears someone in australia bought it, but he was not forth coming in forwarding my contact info to the buyer (to ask if he wanted to sell a few bits)... In any case someone is sitting on that lot probably forever.

IanG
7-May-2015, 12:39
ive contacted the seller of that listing, and it appears someone in australia bought it, but he was not forth coming in forwarding my contact info to the buyer (to ask if he wanted to sell a few bits)... In any case someone is sitting on that lot probably forever.

It was worth a try, I nearly bought that lot it was BIN but I've too much in terms of spares/restoration projects :D

Ian

koh303
7-May-2015, 13:54
I did not see it in real time, otherwise would have bought that in heartbeat

Corran
7-May-2015, 18:18
OmegaBrandess is the new US distributor for Wista.

Is Wista still making LF cameras? Or contracting them out?

I still need replacement parts for my Wista (Tachihara) 8x10 camera. Nippon Photo Clinic was no help. Perhaps OmegaBrandess would be able to get parts?

On my to-do list is just to get the parts machined by SKG otherwise.

SMBooth
7-May-2015, 22:00
What are you after?

Corran
7-May-2015, 22:31
The gear/shaft/knob for the rear focusing mechanism.

SMBooth
7-May-2015, 22:40
Wista dont have a rear focus.

Corran
7-May-2015, 22:45
Well, mine does. Both the front and back can be moved for focusing (the rear only has to be moved up for wide angle lenses).

SMBooth
7-May-2015, 23:22
Must be the 810, never really looked hard at them. Was thinking of the 45 models.

Well, mine does. Both the front and back can be moved for focusing (the rear only has to be moved up for wide angle lenses).

Corran
7-May-2015, 23:32
Yes, 8x10, sorry I was unclear.

AtlantaTerry
8-May-2015, 00:56
Yes, 8x10, sorry I was unclear.
No. You were very clear. You said, "I still need replacement parts for my Wista (Tachihara) 8x10 camera."

koh303
8-May-2015, 10:22
Must be the 810, never really looked hard at them. Was thinking of the 45 models.

Are you the lucky owner of the wista parts lot from ebay?

koh303
8-May-2015, 10:23
In the interim i have decided its not worth dealing with this one, as every screw i fix only leads to another popping out. This camera has had its day and is no more.... so i will just wait until another nicer one comes along.

Rod Klukas
8-May-2015, 19:25
Omega Brandess is the new distributor.
Cameras are still listed, as well as accessories.
As Bob said Nippon in NYC got some of the parts for repair.
I can get some accessories, but any dealer selling Omega-Brandess product could order accessories for you.
I can get you a cat # if you want to explore a dealer.
Rod

SMBooth
11-May-2015, 14:10
No, but l now the guy that is. Which is good because I smashed mine and needed to rebuild it.