PDA

View Full Version : Arca Swiss Focusing knob problem

wiggywag
25-Apr-2015, 11:30
Hi!

A little desperate here. Seems that my Arca Swiss F-line rear function carrier focusing knob has a problem. It is loose and wont bring the standard forward or backward. I can practically screw it right off.

Anybody knows what to do?

Jeff Keller
25-Apr-2015, 17:10
Looking at a picture of an older camera it looks like the axle for the gear drive has a threaded end which extends into the knob then has a nut screwed onto it. It's only a guess but the F-line is likely to be built similarly. Thus the cover over the center of the knob can probably be removed but I haven't seen any pictures of cameras missing them so it might break if you don't know how to remove it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ2OFgxNjAw/z/~fQAAOSwzrxUzhkg/$_57.JPG

Good luck, jeff

Rod Klukas
25-Apr-2015, 17:17
Please contact me to discuss this.
I am sure I can help you.
Rod Klukas
Arca-Swiss Inc

wiggywag
25-Apr-2015, 23:21
Please contact me to discuss this.
I am sure I can help you.
Rod Klukas
Arca-Swiss Inc
Is there a certain time you prefer me to call? Thanks a lot!!! :)

Rod Klukas
25-Apr-2015, 23:39
Is there a certain time you prefer me to call? Thanks a lot!!! :)Anytime Monday as I am in a class tomorrow.
Rod

Phil Hudson
27-Apr-2015, 22:44
Here's a picture of my M-Line which had a similar problem........the hex screws needed tightening.

wiggywag
28-Apr-2015, 11:21
Here's a picture of my M-Line which had a similar problem........the hex screws needed tightening.

Exactly, I investigated the knob further and found that screw myself. Will try tightening.

wiggywag
28-Apr-2015, 11:22
THANKS A LOT EVERYBODY! This forum has helped me so many times.