PDA

View Full Version : Retail Outlet for Sheet Film in Houston?

Drew Bedo
22-Apr-2015, 06:41
Running short on 4x5 film for an upcoming opportunity to shoot this weekend. Down to a partial box of Tri-X.

I have tried both the Co-Op and Camera Exchange and they no longer seem to carry sheet film of any kind (I understand about the co-Op).

Is there any other retail source for sheet film in Houston, besides the usual on-line sources, anymore?

DrTang
22-Apr-2015, 07:15
call up Kodak and ask ???

Harold_4074
22-Apr-2015, 11:04
Kodak can presumably tell you who their nearest distributor is, but it could take a lot of calls to find the one who serves a local retailer.

A call to the art department in a major university (or minor college) might lead to an instructor who would know if there is a local stocking distributor. That is how I found Southside Camera, but of course that was in about 1971... :)

Luis-F-S
22-Apr-2015, 11:15
Overnight from B&H is probably the safest bet.

appletree
22-Apr-2015, 12:03
I have an unopened box of HP5+, if that helps. I can just order another box in the meantime.

Otherwise, call local school (Glassell School) or overnight from B&H. Probably will break even between gas (to drive somewhere) and the shipping cost. You can do two-day delivery right now and get it by Friday.