PDA

View Full Version : ries and manfrotto similarity

jp
20-Apr-2015, 16:03
Just noticed how the knobs are identical (except for material used) between my Ries Junior tripod and Manfrotto 3025 head. Interesting coincidence?132737

Jac@stafford.net
20-Apr-2015, 17:09
Just noticed how the knobs are identical (except for material used) between my Ries Junior tripod and Manfrotto 3025 head. Interesting coincidence?

Your Ries uses common industry standard knobs, but in metal. I use the same on rebuilt cameras.

Tracy Storer
20-Apr-2015, 19:44
3, 4, and 5 lobe knobs are common in many industries. I believe Ries started havng them made in bronze when Keith Soderstrom owned the company.....I thought I heard there were new owners....Keith was a class act.

dsphotog
21-Apr-2015, 08:14
Perhaps technology stolen from the flight controls of alien spacecraft that crashed at Roswell.

Greg Y
22-Apr-2015, 13:00
Tracy, Yes Keith was a class act. I met him on a Jay Dusard workshop in Wyoming. There weren't too many Ries tripods maybe 3 or 4. I traded my Ries Backpacker for an old Ries Hollywood.

Jac@stafford.net
22-Apr-2015, 16:45
Perhaps technology stolen from the flight controls of alien spacecraft that crashed at Roswell.

Nope. Remember, I was there. :) All the controls were made of rope. The occupants were a couple of children. See Japanese balloon bombs. Fugo!