PDA

View Full Version : Pyrocat HD Oxidization

Henry Yorke
18-Apr-2015, 16:38
Hi, everyone.

I'm using a 1:1:200 dilution of Pyrocat HD.

How quickly does the dilution need to be used? I ask because I've been working with WD2D+ for a number of years and that stuff starts to oxidize after about three minutes.

The Pyrocat HD is for semi-stand development in BTZS tubes - and I'm looking at getting six tubes going over the course of about 15 minutes.

Thanks for the info.

sanking
18-Apr-2015, 17:03
Hi, everyone.

I'm using a 1:1:200 dilution of Pyrocat HD.

How quickly does the dilution need to be used? I ask because I've been working with WD2D+ for a number of years and that stuff starts to oxidize after about three minutes.

The Pyrocat HD is for semi-stand development in BTZS tubes - and I'm looking at getting six tubes going over the course of about 15 minutes.

Thanks for the info.

The Pyrocat working solution begins to oxidize as soon as mixed, but the process goes much slower than with PMK and WD2D+, so semi-stand development for up to 90 minutes is possible with a 1+1+150-200 dilution.

The only down-side to oxidation is a slighly higher general (B+F) stain. This can be decreased with use of Pyrocat-HDC if you mix your own. http://www.pyrocat-hd.com/html/mixing.html

Sandy