PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N MC 5,6/100 mm

Aender Brepsom
16-Jan-2005, 12:53
Hello,

I would like to use a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N MC 5,6/100 mm as a standard lens on my Horseman VH for landscape photography (on colour slides).

Could you please give me your opinion on this lens in terms of image quality etc.

I would appreciate any advice or useful information before buying that lens.

Thank you very much!

Chuck_1686
16-Jan-2005, 14:17
I use one on my Century Graphic. Seems to be a nice sharp lens. I don't use color or lot's of movements so can't comment on those areas. I don't think you will find a lot of difference between it and other manufacturer's 100-105mm lenses of similar design.

Sam Crater
16-Jan-2005, 14:50
I have used this lens on 6 x 12 and it's a great lens, very sharp and contrasty. I think it would be an excellent choice for the VH and should fold up inside it too.

Oren Grad
16-Jan-2005, 17:13
I use a 100 Apo-Sironar-N with my Horseman VH and VH-R. I'm extremely pleased with it - it's a very small, very lightweight, affordable lens but it offers ample coverage for 6x9 along with excellent image quality and, to my taste, a very beautiful character both in its balance between contrast and resolution and in its rendering of out-of-focus background areas.

Oren Grad
16-Jan-2005, 17:16
Sorry - I should have said that my experience with the 100 Apo-Sironar-N is with B&W only. If I were going to start working in 6x9 color it would be the first lens I would try, and I expect it would be splendid. But I do not actually have personal experience using it with color transparency.

Sam Crater
17-Jan-2005, 17:33
I do use it for color. It produces absolutely top quality color transparencies.