PDA

View Full Version : Pacemaker Puzzle

Jac@stafford.net
28-Mar-2015, 17:58
Enlighten me. What in this big auction site item #371098997996 really is?
A wooden block for what? A secret part? Something from the carry case?

Old-N-Feeble
28-Mar-2015, 18:14
Those are used in place of the two batteries that normally go into a Super Graphic or Super Speed Graphic. Without the batteries or something like that wooden block the battery cover won't stay on the camera. This is why so many of that series camera have missing battery covers.

Jac@stafford.net
28-Mar-2015, 18:21
Those are used in place of the two batteries that normally go into a Super Graphic or Super Speed Graphic. Without the batteries or something like that wooden block the battery cover won't stay on the camera. This is why so many of that series camera have missing battery covers.

Thank you for the older and wiser clue! I am deeply humbled.

Old-N-Feeble
28-Mar-2015, 18:24
Not wisdom... just something I happen to know.:)

Duolab123
28-Mar-2015, 19:23
I have used a side rangefinder Crown for ever. I picked up a real nice Top Mount finder about a year ago and was amazed to find the original wood block in the battery compartment. I had never seen one, Looks like just a block of a light wood stained with a black "ebony" stain. It is definitely required to hold cover on without batteries. Of course I put in the batteries and was thrilled to use the focus-spot light to project the image of the bulb filament on my target. When you dial in the focus and both images come together Voila! Pretty cool stuff for the good old days. I had no idea there was such a thing as a Pacemaker wood block, but it became very obvious to me in an instant why so many are missing the covers:)

AtlantaTerry
29-Mar-2015, 00:31
A couple years ago someone published plans to replace the light bulb inside the rangefinder with a low power LED laser. The idea was that the laser dots would be more visible for a longer distance than a small light bulb.

Did anyone out there ever convert their rangefinder to an LED laser? I have always thought it would be something interesting to do with my top mounted rangefinder on my Crown Graphic.

Of course, no laser light should ever be pointed into a person's eyes or aimed at an aircraft.

jcoldslabs
29-Mar-2015, 02:11
Did anyone out there ever convert their rangefinder to an LED laser?

Check out this thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?60697-Kalart-Focuspot-laser-pointer-retrofit

J.