PDA

View Full Version : 4X5 Fuji Acros 100 in loose sheets.

Gem Singer
11-Jan-2005, 11:52
I just got off the phone with Jim, at Midwest Photo Supply. He has 4X5 Fuji Acros 100 (in 20 sheet boxes) in stock. I don't know any other place in the USA where it is available at this time.

Scott Rosenberg
11-Jan-2005, 12:10
jim is about to get very busy...

Ted Harris
11-Jan-2005, 14:33
Hmmmmmmmmm ...... are you sure you heard him right> I only ask because 20 is the numbr of sheets in a box of Quidkloads and AFAIK Fuji packages loose sheets in 10 and 50 sheet boxes for other films available in loose 4x5 sheets. I hope you are right but just checkin before we all get excited.

Scott Rosenberg
11-Jan-2005, 14:41
ted...

check this site (http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=29). he sells fuji across in 20 sheet boxes directly from japan, so i'm sure eugene got it right.

glad to know there's a source closer to home now!

thanks, eugene.

Gem Singer
11-Jan-2005, 14:59
Ted,

I had the same doubts that you had when I first heard it was packaged in 20 sheet boxes. So, I called back again to double check before posting it here. It seems that Fuji boxes their 4X5 Across 100 in 20 sheet boxes, the same as the 20 sheet Neopan Acros 100 Quickload packages.

Larry Gebhardt
11-Jan-2005, 15:00
What was the price? I ordered and received some of the 20 sheet boxes from Japan, so the count is correct.

Gem Singer
11-Jan-2005, 15:16
Larry,

Since I wasn't interested in purchasing any film at this time, I didn't ask the price. You can e-mail Jim (jim@mpex.com). I'm sure he will be glad to quote you a very reasonable price. Tell him that you heard about it on this forum.

Ted Harris
11-Jan-2005, 15:36
Eugene,

Yaaaaaaay and cool. Since I already spent some 20-30 minutes on the phone with Jim today didn;t want to bother him again myself!

Darin Boville
11-Jan-2005, 17:45
$38 a box (20 sheets).

--Darin

www.darinbooville.com

Jim Ewins
11-Jan-2005, 22:39
T'was on a Fuji distributor website. They indicated that Acros is no longer available in 50's, but they sell a package of three 20's. They accept only paypal, which I will not use.

Dirk Rösler
14-Jan-2005, 18:03
Hello, and thanks again for the mention.

You can close your PayPal account straight after your purchase. On their pages it says that as a buyer you don't need a PayPal account, but in reality this is only if you are a US-based merchant. I took the trouble to verify that.

I am open to suggestions for acceptable alternatives for processing credit card payments, please contact me offline. One of the reasons the prices are attractive (despite a weak dollar mind you) is that I am avoiding unnecessary overheads, and given that the equivalent package would cost you almost $40 more elsewhere I think this is an acceptable inconvenience.