PDA

View Full Version : Idea! , Painter Viewfinder, 3d volume change sense and transform to Sfumato Shadows

Mustafa Umut Sarac
22-Mar-2015, 07:50
I found optometrists measure higher order faults of eye and print 3d phase plate eyeglass lenses to correct them. If the 3D printing is good enough for eye , why not for camera or painters , photographers viewfinder which would be A4 Size ? Additionally there is Leica effect which at some hot light situations , lens renders the subjects surface volume change in to shadows like sfumato. Relief effect.

I found above relief effect relates to 3D Transfer Function but I dont know a procedure which will code a phase plate like this ?

May be if this plate would be afocal , it could be better without need a correction and focus ?

Is it possible ?

Umut

Dan Fromm
22-Mar-2015, 08:59
I found optometrists measure higher order faults of eye and print 3d phase plate eyeglass lenses to correct them.

Please give a reference.

Nodda Duma
22-Mar-2015, 16:05
I'll have to be brief since my wife and I are getting ready to watch a movie. I know about the information you refer to (although a reference would be welcome). The topic was presented at IODC 2014.

The resolution and image quality of the eye as an optic is actually very poor in the grand scheme of things. The brain's image processing is very significant to compensate.

What works for correcting eyesight would not necessarily work for camera optics, which operate at a higher resolution. For lower resolution optics, molded aspheric plastic optics are much, much more inexpensive than so-called printing a lens (which iirc, requires a final polishing step).

sun of sand
23-Mar-2015, 22:47
My norton antivirus jus

Im laughing at myself

Norhing of value
Kenwood to add

sun of sand
23-Mar-2015, 22:57
Now I see a post was deleted

Wonders what his own chances are

Don't know what kenwood has to do about anything