PDA

View Full Version : How to do front swings on a 5x7 Rittreck-View?????

Bogdan Karasek
16-Mar-2015, 10:45
Hello,

I sem to be have a problem doing the front swings on a 5x7 Rittreck View camera. I have been informed that the front standard can do 21 degree swings. Fine and dandy, but what do you do to get the front swing. I included a picture of the base of the front standard, showing the two black knobs, which I assume are used to make the swings, but nothing happens regardless of what I do with the knobs. Those are the knobs that I squeeze together to move the front standard back into the body and then collapse and close the body. The knob of the left has an arrow pointing to the right, and marked "DRAW"; the other knob, has an arrow pointing towards towards the front and is marked 'PULL"

So how do I do swings using those knobs?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

regards, Bogdan

DrTang
16-Mar-2015, 11:04
did you push where it says push?

Bogdan Karasek
16-Mar-2015, 11:18
did you push where it says push?

Yes,
I push, I pull the knob where it is marked PUSH and nothing happens. The knob doesn't budge.

djdister
16-Mar-2015, 11:33
You just push down on the black knob, grab the front standard and swing it to the left or right.

djdister
16-Mar-2015, 11:35
Yes,
I push, I pull the knob where it is marked PUSH and nothing happens. The knob doesn't budge.

The knob marked PUSH, when pushed straight down, allows the front standard to swing. So in that respect, the knob itself isn't meant to move other than down towards the bed of the camera.

Tin Can
16-Mar-2015, 12:08
Don't feel bad, I had the same problem last year.

It works, just not intuitively.

Bogdan Karasek
16-Mar-2015, 12:29
Don't feel bad, I had the same problem last year.

It works, just not intuitively.\

PUSH "DOWN" it works... swings are there.... I assumed PUSH on the horizontal plane.... turns out it is on the vertical plane.

Thanks for the input... great group.

Andrew Tymon
16-Mar-2015, 13:25
Well, we are the sultans of Swing :D.

Regular Rod
16-Mar-2015, 15:02
They mean press rather than push...

RR

Bogdan Karasek
16-Mar-2015, 16:16
They mean press rather than push...

RR

I'm in agreement there.... PRESS is obvious..... push down...