PDA

View Full Version : PhotoStock 2015

Kirk Gittings
12-Mar-2015, 14:39
From all the reports I have heard over the years this is a very worthwhile event all. Wish I could go.

http://www.photostockfest.com/

vinny
12-Mar-2015, 14:53
and it's held in the town where I grew up........
Northern Michigan is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth.
It's fun if you don't mind the company of a bunch of old, white-haired geezers and a few young ones.
I'm heading up there tomorrow and meeting with Bill at some point this weekend.

Doug Howk
12-Mar-2015, 15:26
Darn, we'll be in Michigan the week after. Oh well, its a house shopping trip, so maybe next year.

Kirk Gittings
12-Mar-2015, 15:42
Most people move the other direction :)

Kirk Gittings
12-Mar-2015, 15:42
and it's held in the town where I grew up........
Northern Michigan is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth.
It's fun if you don't mind the company of a bunch of old, white-haired geezers and a few young ones.
I'm heading up there tomorrow and meeting with Bill at some point this weekend.

Give him my best.....one of these days!

Tin Can
12-Mar-2015, 16:54
I made tent reservations at Tanner Creek, Petoskey State Park. The Birchwood Inn cheap rooms were gone last year...

This will be a month trip from Chicago to Road America, into the UP and Photostock. All backroads, wherever my motorcycle takes me.

If I was smart I would shoot digital, most times I'm not too smart.

I will look into shipping a camera set to Photostock.

Very excited! :)

vinny
12-Mar-2015, 17:59
Randy, there are a couple cool spots within 3 minutes of that park.

Kirk Gittings
12-Mar-2015, 18:04
Damn man all the cool guys are going :(

Tin Can
12-Mar-2015, 18:43
Randy, there are a couple cool spots within 3 minutes of that park.

I'm researching and laying out the trip now. I'll be in UP and Photostock area nearly 3 weeks. Looking at 2 nights in Fayette, Mi after Road America. RA is 4 days of vintage motorcycle racing. I love that track, been going there 50 years.

I have been to UP many times, we camped at Copper Harbor in the 50's, Pictured Rocks, Hiawatha Nat Forest, I did a circle tour of Lake Superior by motorbike 10 years ago.

I tend to not exceed 200 miles a day on average, all back roads. Camp early, travel from 10 am to 3 pm. Stay put if I like the place. Adjust for rain.

Planning at least 10 days at Petoskey, and I'm filling in the gaps. I won't go much farther south in Michigan, unless I catch a ferry across Lake Michigan. That's a fun boat trip. Anything to avoid Gary and the south entrance to Chicago, which is scenic but has deadly traffic. Meaning I will return to Chicago via Wisconsin no matter what.

I would like to relocate an odd sq mile of bare land in Hiawatha Nat Forest that was obviously an old grass airport, but not listed here. http://www.airfields-freeman.com/MI/Airfields_MI_N.htm

I taught my daughter to ride in that eerie place where nothing grew except tiny weeds, surrounded by thick pines. I was last there 35 years ago, I think I can find it...It's not Rexton, but similar. Lost in time.

Please share any tips.

bigdog
13-Mar-2015, 08:20
Damn man all the cool guys are going :(

Yes I am ...