PDA

View Full Version : dismantle and clean a 545i polaroid holder

adrian tyler
9-Jan-2005, 08:46
i've been using a lot of out of date, better said vintage, polaroid filmstock and i've messed up the holder a little bit. does anyone have any instructions for dismantling and cleaning the rollers etc. of a 545i filmholder?

thanks again

Bill Jefferson
9-Jan-2005, 08:54
Hi Adrian,
You do not need to dismantle the film holder, use a wet paper towel and soap, then wipe dry. This method is what I use on all the holders in work
Bill
Sr. Evaluation Tech
Polaroid Corp.

Bob Salomon
9-Jan-2005, 09:09
The rollers snap out as a unit. That should be the only part you remove for cleaning. Clean the rollers completely, make sure you turn them by hand to see that they are clean. Then snap them back in place.

Tracy Storer
9-Jan-2005, 09:20
Bob is referring to pack film holders which have removable roller assemblies. The 4x5 holders allow one roller to swing away after two little hooks are released. If it's REALLY grungy, you can carefully remove the rear/captive roller as well. It is held in place by little spring catches at each end. I feel this is one of those things where if you can't figure it out easily, you probably shouldn't attempt it. (some are handier than others)
As Bill said above, warm water will dissolve accumulated developer. Dry the parts and close it back up.

Dave Brown
9-Jan-2005, 10:20
Steve Grimes (RIP) has a page on Polaroid 545 disassembly on his site at: http://www.skgrimes.com/545/index.htm

Good luck,

Dave

adrian tyler
9-Jan-2005, 12:11
thanks folks, that's it cleaned out.

adrian