PDA

View Full Version : T-Max 100 w/T-Max RS Developer

Stephen Collector
6-Mar-2015, 09:30
I'm new to T-Max 100 and roll film and am seeking some information on processing in T-Max RS Developer? I am shooting a Hasselblad. Rated the film at ISO 50. Will be processing in Kinderman steel tanks by hand.
Want to know what time would represent a "normal" development and what time would represent a pull of N-1 and for greater pull N-2?
Also, any suggestions about how long to pre-soak the film before beginning the process.
Thanks!

Michael R
6-Mar-2015, 09:51
Start with Kodak's instructions. Skip the pre-soak.

Corran
6-Mar-2015, 10:02
Agreed - but make sure you are rigorous with your time and temperatures. I've always found T-Max and T-Max developer to be really finicky and precision is required. That said, at ISO 50, you've really overexposed TMX and you're likely going to have blocked highlights if you aren't careful.

Heroique
6-Mar-2015, 12:20
A great film/developer combo whose "dividends" grow w/ experience.

As Michael and Corran confirm, start with Kodak's guidelines, but use your personal experience and careful notes to arrive at your own process and times. Usually, mine don't vary too much from Kodak's (for tray development) and I don't pre-soak. But unique or difficult shooting conditions do sometimes call for unique darkroom solutions!

Also, don't be bashful about replenishment.

Good for Mother Earth.

Jan Pedersen
6-Mar-2015, 12:41
As already mentioned, a great combo. Both Tmax100 and Tmy400 are close to box speed with this developer, I shoot Tmax100 at 80 and develop for 10 minutes at 24 degree 1+9 I use a Jobo 1500 and agitate for 30 seconds and then 10 seconds every minute.
Exposed at 50 I would cut 2 minutes off and try with 8 minutes.
Hope this helps.

Stephen Collector
6-Mar-2015, 14:25
As already mentioned, a great combo. Both Tmax100 and Tmy400 are close to box speed with this developer, I shoot Tmax100 at 80 and develop for 10 minutes at 24 degree 1+9 I use a Jobo 1500 and agitate for 30 seconds and then 10 seconds every minute.
Exposed at 50 I would cut 2 minutes off and try with 8 minutes.
Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Jan! Will do as you suggest.