PDA

View Full Version : Old Paper

photonsoup
27-Feb-2015, 22:42
I was given a paper safe with about 100 sheets of 8x10 paper in it. there is nothing on the back, so I assume it's not a Kodak product. He also gave me a bunch of Kodak and Ilford paper still in the packaging, but he could't remember whats in the paper safe.

What would you use it for? Would you test it? if so, how?

Thanks
Bryan

StoneNYC
27-Feb-2015, 22:51
I was given a paper safe with about 100 sheets of 8x10 paper in it. there is nothing on the back, so I assume it's not a Kodak product. He also gave me a bunch of Kodak and Ilford paper still in the packaging, but he could't remember whats in the paper safe.

What would you use it for? Would you test it? if so, how?

Thanks
Bryan

If it's fiber based the forum member Ginette is looking for some older fogged FB papers for her project.

Ginette
27-Feb-2015, 23:03
You can test it for fog. Your develop and fix in your normal sequence and you compare to the paper only fixed. You wil see if it fogged and how much it is. Some Potassium bromide or benzotriazole can help to eliminate some of the fog.
If it is too fogged for regular b&w printing, the paper can be used for lumen prints, I do a project actually http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?51078-post-alternative-techniques&p=1165041&viewfull=1#post1165041
or it can be used for carbon transfer.
I'm interested to it if you wish to exchange for some others darkroom items.