PDA

View Full Version : DHL safe for film shipping?

T. E.
6-Jan-2005, 05:27
I am going to be travelling for business and was planning on taking my camera gear with me. To avoid hassles in the airport, I was thinking of shipping my film ahead.

Since I have some work equipment to ship, I was going to put my film with it. We use DHL at our office. Is DHL film friendly or should I send it FedEx?

Bruce Watson
6-Jan-2005, 07:23
The people who would know would be people who have to ship film all the time, like Badger, Calumet, B&H, Adorama, FreeStyle, JandC Photo... I'm sure that you can at least find out how these companies ship film.

Badger Graphics, for example, ships film (5x4 Tri-X and 160PortraVC readyloads) to me via UPS. I've never had a problem with it.

Wish I knew about DHL. They look like an attractive alternative to FedEx here - my local FedEx people are efficient destroyers, at least of stuff that ships to me :-(

Ted Harris
6-Jan-2005, 08:12
I us DHL and have had no problems shippingfilm. I know that Calumet in Cambridge, MA use DHL.

William_4390
7-Jan-2005, 07:51
All Calumet stores in the US use DHL as their primary method of shipping. So far, I've heard of no problems regarding film.

William