PDA

View Full Version : Toyo 1/4" and 3/8" interchangeable tripod sockets/bushings 45a - 45a II

devinephotographic
21-Feb-2015, 11:43
Hello everyone,
I am trying to source Toyo 1/4" and 3/8" interchangeable tripod sockets / bushings for a toyo field camera.
I have a toyo 45a however the same bushings are identical to the 45a II I presume. Both bushings come with a new camera so I do believe they are still in production. I tried to contact MAC who own Toyo-View nowadays and after 3 emails over the last 5 weeks no reply, maybe im not spending enough :-)
I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction who would sell these nowadays or would SK Grimes make something as small as these.

Daniel

David Lobato
21-Feb-2015, 13:12
I have a 45A and recently recently got a new tripod with a 3/8" screw, so had to swap bushings on the camera. So I know what you are looking for. And a good thing I just checked both my 45A and the common 1/4" to 3/8" adapter bushing on a medium format camera - they are NOT the same. The Toyo part is noticeably larger in diameter. The Toyoview.com web site calls them 1/4" and 3/8" tripod sockets. No part number listed for it. If you can't find one, try looking for a tripod head screw size you need.

Ari
21-Feb-2015, 13:22
Daniel,
I would not bother emailing MAC Group, just call them on the telephone directly. Get a long-distance card, it shouldn't cost more than a few p. per minute for the phone call.
They are very helpful and friendly, and you'll be in business within five minutes of placing the call.

devinephotographic
23-Feb-2015, 16:12
Thankyou all for your help i really appreciate that. I will call them and hopefully the part still exists