PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Ilford ULF/custom film run approved... and delivered!

Oren Grad
18-Feb-2015, 08:14
For those who don't regularly stop by APUG: Simon Galley has announced that the Harman board has approved the annual ULF run for this year. Timing will be similar to prior years, with details including retail partners to be announced in March.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/138378-2015-ulf-custom-film-run.html

Ray Hunter
3-Oct-2015, 18:27
Just checking to see if any of the 2015 Ilford ULF/custom film orders have been received by customers. I've ordered in years past, but couldn't remember when I received the film. Thanks.

neil poulsen
3-Oct-2015, 22:30
Good news.

Oren Grad
4-Oct-2015, 08:31
Delivery time has varied over the years, though IIRC it's drifted into October in recent runs. I haven't received this year's order yet.

Sal Santamaura
4-Oct-2015, 09:13
Good news.It was last February. :) It will be really good news if it happens again in 2016 under HARMAN's new ownership.

...I haven't received this year's order yet.Nor have I.

Liquid Artist
4-Oct-2015, 11:55
It was last February. :) It will be really good news if it happens again in 2016 under HARMAN's new ownership.

I wonder if a company like Foma would step up if Ilford stops their special orders.

IanG
4-Oct-2015, 12:17
Adox will already cut ULF sizes to order.

Ian

Oren Grad
4-Oct-2015, 12:19
I wonder if a company like Foma would step up if Ilford stops their special orders.

Just to be clear, what's distinctive about the Ilford program is not that they accept special orders, but that during the designated window they accept special orders in very small quantities - as little as one box. I hope they will be able to continue that, but even if not, I expect that so long as they continue to manufacture sheet film they would also continue to accept special orders for odd sizes that meet their usual minimum order requirement. These could be aggregated by a dealer, as Canham does for Kodak special orders, or by anyone else with sufficient interest. This should be easier than with Kodak, because by all appearances Ilford's minimum order size even outside of the special program is far smaller than Kodak's.

David Karp
4-Oct-2015, 12:31
Delivery time has varied over the years, though IIRC it's drifted into October in recent runs. I haven't received this year's order yet.

I have not received mine either. I ordered from Freestyle.

IanG
4-Oct-2015, 16:33
Having been involved with shipping photo-goods US-UK (as an importer) ) I can only comment that in many cases it's a case of waiting until there's enough to make shipment economic. We had to factor this in and pre-order based on potential sales forecasts.

It's quite different shipping by sea & containers compared to sending smaller packages by air freight which is quite expensive, if a distributor gets charged more they have to pass that on and they'll put a mark up on the additional costs.

My experience was the shippers consolidated loads to be more cost efficient from their perspective and sometimes we got our equipment quickly, other times it might be a couple of months, sometime a bit longer.

Ian

Ray Hunter
6-Oct-2015, 10:24
Thanks for all your comments and feedback to my question, I appreciate it.

Steve Sherman
6-Oct-2015, 18:47
Greetings ULF Friends
My 7x17 FP 4 and Delta 5x7 arrived in fine shape today !

Ray Hunter
6-Oct-2015, 20:41
I ordered my film through Blue Moon Camera in Portland. I received an email from them today saying "the order just arrived and we can ship to tomorrow, first thing." Just following up to my own question and passing along the information.

Tin Can
6-Oct-2015, 22:00
I bought a size that varied greatly in price according to retailer. I bought from one of the cheaper shops, however later they raised the price.

This size's price was an anomaly for at least 2 years and I don't know why, but assume this smaller size was an 'end' cut that Ilford wanted to move.

I also notice pricing of this years cut has vanished from the few shops I checked so I cannot prove my deed, but I await a 'good' deal. :)

Ray Hunter
9-Oct-2015, 11:24
I received my 7X17 HP5+ order from Blue Moon today. Just passing along the information.

John Jarosz
14-Oct-2015, 06:19
Received my 8x20 film from Midwest. Yay!

AuditorOne
14-Oct-2015, 09:02
My 11x14 HP5+ arrived from Blue Moon yesterday!

BarryS
14-Oct-2015, 09:43
Just got my shipping notice from Badger--some 5x7 Delta 100 inbound. 100 sheet boxes. One. Hundred. Sheets. :)

David Karp
14-Oct-2015, 16:46
My order should be ready for pickup from Freestyle tomorrow afternoon! :-)

Tin Can
14-Oct-2015, 17:42
Badger sent paid in full shipping notice.

1/2 Plate!

The low price anomaly.

Sure hope Ilford keeps it coming...

Tin Can
17-Oct-2015, 17:33
Got my Badger order today of 4 boxes of 1/2 plate FP+ expiry July 2019!

Thanks Badger and Ilford!