PDA

View Full Version : Panaramic roll film holder for 8X10?

Dave Anton
2-Nov-1999, 17:04
If i wanted to use 120 roll film horizontally on my 8x10, is there a back availa ble for this? I can't afford a 6x17 camera and cropping an 8x10 sheet of film l ike that seems like a waste. thanks.

Erik Ryberg
2-Nov-1999, 20:07
It would be slightly less of a waste to get a 5x7 reducing back and use 5x7 film. That would get you your 17 cm. I have heard of configurations which only make an exposure on one half of the negative at once by simple means of a 1/2 size dark slide that you insert in the holder before making the exposure. That way you would get two exposures on each piece of film.

Marc Fraioli
3-Nov-1999, 16:40
Bender Photographic sells one of those 4x10 masks for 8x10. It's $25. You can find them here (http://www.benderphoto.com/prices.htm).

I don't know for sure if this adapter works with cameras other than Bender's own, but I imagine it does, as they say their cameras use normal film holders. You can always ask 'em.

Ellis Vener
5-Nov-1999, 03:39
there actually are a very few 6cm x 24cm modified Linhoff Techikardans out in th e world, as well as some ArtPan 6x24cm cameras. Also Canham and Wisner and maybe a couple of other makers make 4x10 VC cameras.