PDA

View Full Version : interneg film in the camera

Richard Littlewood
31-Dec-2004, 11:17
Hi all and happy new year. Briefly I have access to about a dozen boxes of 5x4 Kodak 4325 interneg film that is out of date, but it has been stored properly and is OK. Has any one ever tried to use this film as a conventional camera film with any success? Is it worth it?

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
1-Jan-2005, 09:09
Internegative films are much softer than camera films and usually balanced for

tungsten lights. If this can be usefull for you or you can increase the contrast

by having the film push processed the end results can definatly be intresting.

But I think it might be difficult to tame them to behave like say FUJI NPS or

KODAK PORTRA.

Frank Petronio
1-Jan-2005, 10:08
Gregory Heisler used to use a low-contrast duping film in a very high contrast lighting situation - like shade at Noon in the desert. It worked well for him, and the slow ASA didn't matter in EV 18 light.

bob carnie
1-Jan-2005, 11:34
Interneg films as stated above were made for reversing transparancies and indeed used tungston light in the enlarger along with dichroic filtration.
I used this film extensively for this purpose in the past, There are more dye layers on this film than normal camera film, there for it is less sharp, as well finding the exact filter pack to get rid of any cross curves is a rather complicated process. You can use density difference method, or curveplotting method, or computer assisted programs to balance this film.
With the advent of digital, frontiers , lightjets , lambdas bla bla bla , this film is not used as much if ever.

Richard , with that said I would say give it a try , use any configuration you like and experiment, I would put this film in a Pinhole Camera for example , the results could be very striking. shoot wierd and exotic lighting.

But if you want a nuetral , sharp rendition of a scene I would find this film of very little use to you. ( I would not know where to start to try to balance this film know, you would use the whole box up just trying to do this)
Anyways try it as a experimental film . and run it through regular C41 or Cross process in E6 for fun!