PDA

View Full Version : BenderPhoto 4x10 Darkslide

Peter Hruby
30-Dec-2004, 09:18
Hi,

I am interested to buy Bender photo 4X10 Darkslide. Only concern I have is that is cut precisely in the middle, so there is no overlapping (pictures might interleave)...
Does anybody have any experience with it?

Thanks.
Peter Hruby

Sal Santamaura
30-Dec-2004, 09:51
No overlapping. In fact, there's a slightly more than 2 mm unexposed strip between the 4x10 exposures.

Note that this is a cut-down Fidelity/Lisco dark slide. It won't work in Toyo 8x10 holders.

Tony Karnezis
30-Dec-2004, 11:22
Ditto on Sal's reply. I called Jay Bender last month to order one from him, and he said he won't be making any cut darkslides for quite a long time, if ever. If I remember correctly, the issue is that he has to order a fairly large quantity of 8x10 darkslides in bulk to keep the prices down once he adds in his labor, and the demand isn't high enough to justify the effort. As long as you have a good straight edge and a sharp blade, you can make one yourself with either a spare darkslide from an old film holder or using a new darkslide from, say, B&H.

Peter Hruby
30-Dec-2004, 12:15
Thanks for responses,

Now the news are, he has them available. I contacted him today and he said no problem. I am just looking for middle strip at least 1/8 inch thick.

attn. this is not an advertising for Benderphoto. I have no intend to do it in this thread.

Peter Hruby.