PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI Compensating Timer

Greg_5008
25-Dec-2004, 20:31
Does anyone have the instructions for the Zone VI Compensating Timer used for film and paper development? In particular, it has two connection points (J1 & J2 -- looking at the unit, J1 is to the left hand side). I need to know which is for the thermocouple and which is for the footswitch. I don't have the footswitch and can either make one (if I knew the wiring) or would like to try and find one.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

William Blunt
25-Dec-2004, 20:44
On my unit the footswitch is on the right and the thermistor is on the left. I assume all units by Zone VI were made the same.

J. Wolfe
25-Dec-2004, 21:22
It doesn't matter which cable is plugged into which outlet. It will work eithere way. --per Picker's original instructions.

Frank Filippone
26-Dec-2004, 12:56
My unit has the foot switch on the left, thermocouple on the right.

I remember not being able to tell which was which when I got my unit.... I pougged them in wrong and nothing bad happened. ( but nothing at all happened.)

You could call Calumet and ask.

Frank Filippone
26-Dec-2004, 12:59
I forgot to add.... If you are going to make your own foot switch, there are 2 possible configurations... NO and NC. I have had 2 of these timers, one used a NO connection, the other a NC connection. ie, try it out, and be prepared to change the wiring if nothing happens.

robert amsden
7-Jan-2005, 22:53
I got one that i made . It has a fibergrass bar that is on hinges and a spring, it comes down and hits a push on push off switch. You need to use a phone cord to plug into timer.