PDA

View Full Version : Lens valuation

djcphoto
13-Jan-2015, 20:38
I have a large format lens that I am thinking of selling but don't really know what to ask. I know some forums frown upon asking for valuations, so I'm looking for advice on where to look. It is a nice clean example of the Nikkor-SW 150 F8 and, although not super-rare, it is a little scarce so the usual places I would look have been no help (auction site sold listings, major used gear outlets, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Dave

Luis-F-S
13-Jan-2015, 20:59
Look in the Bay under the Sold listings. The last one sold in the US looks like it sold for $911.00. L

djcphoto
13-Jan-2015, 21:08
Thanks Luis, not sure how I missed that when searching yesterday! Gives me an idea at least.

Cheers,

Dave

neil poulsen
14-Jan-2015, 06:08
It's been awhile. I believe that mine sold for about $1,450.

It's interesting; three of the four exotic lenses that I've sold have gone to Asia, and all have gone overseas. And, I don't permit international bids. So, they've all been sold through a U.S. intermediary. That includes the Nikon 150mm SW, a Schneider Super Symmar XL 150mm, a 14" Swiss Dagor MC, and a 16.5" f7.7 factory coated Dagor.

djcphoto
14-Jan-2015, 10:10
Thanks for the additional info, Neil. I appreciate it. It's a great lens that came with the Deardorff when I bought it but as a portrait photographer, I simply have no use for it. The plan is to sell it to fund a Rolleiflex 2.8 tlr of some description, so it's good to have these pointers.

Cheers,

Dave

Jac@stafford.net
14-Jan-2015, 17:53
Thanks for the additional info, Neil. I appreciate it. It's a great lens that came with the Deardorff when I bought it.,,

Cheers,

Dave

If it has a matching cam for a later Super Technika, add a hundred bucks.

Nathan Potter
15-Jan-2015, 11:43
I sold a 150 Nikon SW near mint for a cool $1000.00 about 4 months ago. As I recall I found the range to be from about $800 to $1300 for lenses in mint to ex. condition. It is moderately scarce and valuable.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.