PDA

View Full Version : Reference's on Rick Heitman and toyo camera

Jon Anderson
21-Dec-2004, 12:20
I know this is sort of off topic, however I am looking at purchasing a toyo setup from Rick Heitman. The price he is offering is within the range I am looking at however, before I complete the deal, I was wondering if anybody has dealt with him before.

This is a large amout of money for me and since he responded to my post on this board, was wonderig if anybody can vouch for him before making the purchase...

Thanks,

Jon

Rich Long
21-Dec-2004, 21:02
I haven't sold or purchased anything from Rick, but I've interacted with him over on the Colorado Nature Photographers group for several months. He's a solid citizen; I wouldn't hesitate to enter a transaction with him.

Scott Rosenberg
22-Dec-2004, 07:19
i mirror rich's sentiments. i know rick from the CNP forum as well, ans he's a great guy.

Scott Bacon
22-Dec-2004, 08:32
Same sentiments here. He's a frequent contributor on the CNP forum. He's always insightful, honest and humorous. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Jon Anderson
22-Dec-2004, 09:20
Thanks for the positive feedback...it is always good to hear these types of references......it makes the transaction go quicker with more peace of mind...

Jon

Jon Anderson
23-Dec-2004, 23:47
Well, now I am confused. I have had several good references from people that are aquainted with him and vouch for him, however, I am getting people that have dealt with him regarding buying/selling equiment, and am hearing other stories that put him in a different light......

JA

Gem Singer
24-Dec-2004, 08:07
Hi Jon,

I've never heard of Rick before. His integrity probably has nothing to do with your feelings. It appears to me that your intuition is telling you to pass up this particular deal. You would be wise to listen to your inner feelings. There are plenty of legitimate camera stores out there that have new and previously owned Toyo equipment. You may need to pay a little more, but buying from a reputible dealer will give you the option of returning the merchandise if it didn't meet your expectations. You might loose the shipping charges. At least, you would be assured of getting your money back. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Jon Anderson
3-Jan-2005, 09:20
To all persons that may want to do business with Rick Heitman. Beware!!!!! I have been in contact with another fellow that apparently was trying to buy the same equipment as me. This fellow tried to purchase the same equipment over a month before I was and is still trying to recieve the equipment.

I looked at the equipment list that Rick sent the other fellow, and it is exactly the same, in fact, the email list is exactly the same. It appears that Rick is running a scam in so much as he may be taking money and not sending the equipment. After comparing both of our emails, and after asking pointed questions to Rick, he seems to drift into the ethernet.

Buy from this quy at your own risk. I am now wondering if anyone actually has sent him money on this scam...................let me know if anyone would like more information..

JA

Jon Anderson
5-Jan-2005, 23:16
Dan,

Actually, I have begun to do that, as well as with the appropriate federal authorities as it may fall under interstate commerce........

Will keep you abreast.

JA

Rick Heitman
21-Feb-2005, 17:53
Wow, I could have saved Jon alot of trouble had he asked. So here goes. 1.The Person that Jon talked to did try to buy the GX off Ebay.2. he asked me to send cod. When I went to Pakmail, they would not ship the camera COD period. I then went to the post office, and they said to be weary of someone that wont send the funds, but I could ship it in 3 different packages and get a check for 1000.00 each. No way was I sendind my camera in 3 different packages, and 3 different checks.The buyer then offered to have a friend from arizona or somewhere meet me on I-70 , to which I gladly said yes. Well then the buyer did not ever send anyone. After trying to get paid for almost 30 days , finally the buyer demanded that I use UPS. Jon, the buyer , and whoever reads this will never demand how I ship my cameras.I gave up at that point. Then Jon requested a toy Gx. I did indeed send him the exact email ( as I already had the list). Jon then asked you all. meanwhilke what Jon has forgoitten to tell anyone is that I sent him a email saying that I had a family emergency. ( My father had a massive stroke) I told jon that I would get back to this deal as soon as I could. Sometime in the middle of January, I wrote Jon to see if he still needed a camera. I have never heard a word( and now I know why). So I am very sorry about all the confusion, but had Jon asked me about the other buyer he would be shooting a pristine camera now.From this point whoever needs the camera and will pay for it can have it. If the feds want to see the camera, they can call me and I will gladly show it off, if they want to see where one single person has paid for it, I will open my bank account and let them go at it. If anyone wants to show me a cashed check in my name for the toyo, please show me so I can ship this thing off. I needed to sell this camera and could not get the original buyer to pay me before the camera was in his hands, It is very unfortunate that all this has happened, as my ebay records stands great oother than my son not paying for 2 items for his Taurus. It is even more unfortunate that Jon would talk to a non payer, and then not confront me with questions. This sums up my answer to Jons worries, and once again as I said to him in the last email that he didnt want you all to know about, I hope you find a very nice camera, and please have fun shooting, because the world of 4x5 is a very fun one. Rick H

Rick Heitman
21-Feb-2005, 19:04
Jon,
I realize you jumped on the don wagon , but can you please tell me if he said he has paid for that camera. Also , to save you alot of trouble, if you are wanting the fed scam people to contact me, please email me and I will give you all my info off this thread. I am just as displeased as you. The last thing I want is my name trashed by you or don, without knowing the facts. Don knows the facts, you dont, so either have someone contact me to see that this camera-( that know one will pay for) exists, or please stop throwing remarks that you are unshure about.And also , if anyone in this forum is even a little curious about this whole deal, please put it here. I will answer all questions completely and truthfully, which at this point has neither don nore Jon done. I have no complaint with Jon at this point, other than not getting his info from a good source and not contacting me to get my version of the deal. I would like to clear up the info for Jon, because this is a great LF forum, and I love LF photography.

Rick Heitman
23-Feb-2005, 22:21
Jon,
Sorry I havent gotten back sooner than the last reply. Beleive it or not, even though you think I am out scamming the world, I have to work like the rest of the world. Now for the good news, because I want to clear this whole scamming crap up, I have all the contacts you need to get you what you need. The attorney general here in denver, is John Suthers, 4701 Marion St, Denver Colorado.Suite 201. The # there is 303-866-3611. You will also need this info. After talking to them , you can contact the federal, but because I am a person and not a company they will probably just direct you to the info I have given. To show them how I am scamming you, you will want to have a check signed by myself and show them no one has the camera. ( at this point, you will need to contact your good buddy Don again as he has told you he paid for the camera. ( Oh , but first youll want to ask how he paid. at one point he had a sears check or something, at another point he was sending money to a friend in arizona that would meet me, and yet at another point I was told to please huury and ship the camera because he was worried about having all that cash around.) So check with him. Now you will probably want to come to denver to get all this taken care of. Here is where ol scamming Rick will even further help you. Keep this thread as your proof because I am going out on a limb here. I WILL GET YOU A 2 WAY AIRFARE FROM NEW YORK TO DENVER PAID BY MYSELF. We can both go down there together with the original camera and your cashed check( or Dons).My mother works for Continental, and I will pay for your ticket. Now this is the bad part. Either I am a very stupid scammer or you and Don are lying about the way the whole camera deal went down. Either way I will be satisfied with the results after we have met with Mr. John Suthers. You have my real email-- r.heitman@comcast.net (mailto:r.heitman@comcast.net) and if you write , I will give you everything you need to get this over. Because you are going to need this as your scamming proof, let me just give a couple of facts that your buddy Don probably forgot to tell you. 1. within 5 minutes of the first conversation don said he would not pay with paypal. 2. after talking for lees than 10 minutes we had come to the conclusion that this was going to be tuff to sell because I had once purchased a nikon d1h on ebay and did not receive it, and don had purchased a toy g that had come in horrible shape. Don then suggested COD. I had never done COD, but after being turned down by pakmail, and the post office said not to ship that big of sale cod, I decided not to send without being paid. Yes Jon, my decision, not Dons, not my moms, not anyone but me. I then told Don if he paid for the camera he would get the camera. That didnt work for him as he insisted I ship. Once again Jon, my decision but I had to say NO, not now, not ever was I shipping my system without being paid. When I seen your thread looking for a toyo G, I then contacted you, and yes , with the exact same eamil as his-- why-- because that is the system I needed to sell. I am very sorry that I didnt rewrite you a different way to sell the same product, but I just didnt do it that way. We both then, went back and forth a couple of times on the price. Then without warning, My father had a massive stroke. Let me appologise now for not getting back with you in a red hot second, but my father comes first out here, not you and some camera deal.And if you read your very last email I sent, you should see where I did say I was sorry, and that if you had found another camera to enjoy it. Now keep this part becasue it will be important also at the attorney general. I RICK HEITMAN, STILL HAVE THE CAMERA, HAVE NOT SOLD IT TO ONE SINGLE PERSON, NOT A SERIES OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE, HAVE NOT TRADED IT OUT , HAVE NOT GROUND OFF THE SERIAL #'S, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DID NOT TRY TO SCAM YOU , DON, OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. I HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID BY ANYONE FOR THIS CAMERA, NO MATTER HOW MANY EMAILS I HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT IT.I have the camera, and yes it is in pristine condition, and NO, I will not ship COD. I think I have given you every oppurtunity and info to contact myself if you still need more facts. I am very sorry about the way you found out I was going to sell a 4x5, but it happened and unfortunetly, you were contacted by a person that has an agenda to make sure this camera doesnt sell. I am very sorry you think you were scammed ( even though you never even had to pay a red cent), but if you ever beleive one thing in your life, beleive this--- Hope and pray no one in your family ever has a stroke because they are a very damaging ordeal, and I never tried to scam you, Don, your parents, or any other person . And last but not least, I sincerely hope, you found a new or used 4x5, because it is a wonderful hobby that more people should enjoy. Sincerely , Rick Heitman

Richard Fenner
24-Feb-2005, 09:05
Can anyone here vouch for Jon Anderson? Or should we become suspicious that there might be a little more here than meets the eye? We have an established member of this forum, who has had several established members of this forum vouch for his integrity, being accused of criminal conduct by someone who appears to be a stranger to this forum. Methinks that until the people with the 'other stories' present themselves (preferably not as first-timers to any photography forum), we should be deleting this topic.

Rick Heitman
24-Feb-2005, 16:28
Thank you very much for your support Richard. It is fine people like yourselves that keep my coming to this forum. I have the same support over at the CNp site. I f the mediator wants to delete this thread, I would also be pleased as I have offered all resources to nip this lie in the bud. Rick H.