PDA

View Full Version : Lego Cameras

Jeff Corbett
20-Dec-2004, 07:33
Not really a question, just a bit of life as kids see. I have four children (ages 2, 4, 6, &8) who regularly find themselves either waiting for Dad and his 8x10 (nature photography), or in front of Dad's 8x10. Both options can try their patience. Outwardly they don't like Dad's camera, but sometimes they think its neat (eg. when you overhear them telling their friends about how big Dad's camer is). My six-year-old has even seggested he might like a 4x5. And they have begun building cameras out of Lego - you can make any size you like (usually bearing no relation to the declared size), they will fit in your backpack, are easy to repair, and the price is right. We've had all sizes from 30x30 to "zero by zero". Even my four-year-old couldn't guess what kind of pictures you could take with a "zero by zero".

Ralph Barker
20-Dec-2004, 08:06
Cute story, Jeff. The other benefit to your kids' Lego cameras is that the resulting imaginary photos are all image-stabalized - no tripods required. ;-)

David Richhart
20-Dec-2004, 08:08
Hi Jeff... I was just wondering about accessories for the Lego cameras...

Do you use the wooden Tinkertoy tripods, or do you prefer the stability of the metal erector sets???

BTW... I think Legos create a reasonable light-tight joint, so perhaps there is a Lego pinhole in the future???

Jeff Morfit
20-Dec-2004, 18:17
You tell that winter weather is setting in now, everyone has too much time on his/her hands. :)