PDA

View Full Version : The aperture shape is irregular

yingye
26-Dec-2014, 22:52
Hi!

I just bought a lens (fujinon c 300mm f8.5 ), but the aperture is irregular(attached picture ), will affect shooting or picture quality?

Thanks!

Jim Jones
27-Dec-2014, 06:47
The aperture may not be consistent, causing irregular exposure. Also, out-of-focus highlights will mirror the shape of the aperture, which may bother some photographers. If the lens was mine, I'd use it until it was convenient to either repair or replace the shutter.

Sevo
27-Dec-2014, 07:33
That is at or near f/64, right? It does not look that irregular to me - the aperture mechanism needs a bit of play or it would get stuck, and by the smallest apertures, that can result in shapes like the above on modern low leaf count shutters. The size will still be within a reasonable deviation as all aperture leaves are joined. Going back and forward can lead to a more round shape.

Louis Pacilla
27-Dec-2014, 10:56
That is at or near f/64, right? It does not look that irregular to me - the aperture mechanism needs a bit of play or it would get stuck, and by the smallest apertures, that can result in shapes like the above on modern low leaf count shutters. The size will still be within a reasonable deviation as all aperture leaves are joined. Going back and forward can lead to a more round shape.

I could not agree more .

yingye
29-Dec-2014, 00:13
Thank evryone! I think this is a sign of failure, I have returned to the seller.

jp
29-Dec-2014, 07:31
If it's the smallest aperture, I wouldn't worry about it.