PDA

View Full Version : 00 to 0 adapters

RodinalDuchamp
26-Dec-2014, 17:20
I have an older super angulon with the 00 shutter. I have ordered 2 different adapters from eBay but both are taking well over 3 weeks to arrive.

Has anyone home brewed an adapter? Any tips? I dont have access to any sort of drill press or tools besides basic hand tools and basic power tools.

I was wondering if something could be made with washers from home depot or the like.

Dan Fromm
26-Dec-2014, 17:59
Interesting idea. Are you looking for an adapter to let you attach a shutter in #00 to a board drilled for #1 or to let you remount lens cells that fit a #00 in a #0?

If the first, the trick will need two washers with ID slightly larger than 25 mm and OD larger, ideally much larger, that 32.5 mm. I don't recall seeing what you need in a hardware store, but its been a while since I looked for washers. I wouldn't try enlarging the hole in a fender washer with hand tools. I'm sure it can be done, but whenever I practice tool abuse blood (mine) is spilled. Centering the lens on the board will be a problem but can be done.

I have a couple of the adapters needed lying around, not for sale. You should have gone to SKGrimes or B&H, not to eBay. The best thing you can do now is be patient and wait for the ones you ordered to arrive.

If the second, there's no cheap way.

RodinalDuchamp
26-Dec-2014, 20:46
Ah I should have been much more clear. I am attempting to mount a 00 shutter to a 0 lens board. I am also looking for a 00 lens board itself but with no luck for the crown graphic.

The lens itself is a 90mm super angulon but a rather older version which is made for a 00 shutter.

The most difficult task I have thought about is centering the whole contraption.

I figure since I've already ordered 2 on eBay I can trial some prototypes.

I thank you for the idea to look at b&h it never crossed my mind that they might have a solution.

Oren Grad
26-Dec-2014, 23:03
I am also looking for a 00 lens board itself but with no luck for the crown graphic.

Why not get a blank Graphic-type lens board and have it bored for 00?

Dan Fromm
27-Dec-2014, 06:25
Oren, the adapter he needs is $35 plus postage from SKGrimes. See http://www.skgrimes.com/products/adapters

Probably less expensive than getting a blank board and having it bored or getting a used board already bored for #00.

What I don't get is why delivery is so slow (slow boat from China?) and why he bought (he says) two when he needs only one. Or why he's given up on waiting for them. Richer person that I am, it seems.

RodinalDuchamp
27-Dec-2014, 07:31
Dan, I didn't see it on the SK Grimes site and he did mention 00 to be obsolete so Ididn't bother to call. When they get back in January I'll check with them.

I ordered one from Portugal and one from China. Why did I order two? OCD. As far as why it's taking so long I have no clue. They have both provided tracking but neither has updated since they posted it.

Oren Grad
27-Dec-2014, 08:13
Oren, the adapter he needs is $35 plus postage from SKGrimes. See http://www.skgrimes.com/products/adapters

Probably less expensive than getting a blank board and having it bored or getting a used board already bored for #00.

That's cool. There are multiple ways to get this done if time is more important than money, is all.

Old-N-Feeble
27-Dec-2014, 09:37
Dan, I didn't see it on the SK Grimes site and he did mention 00 to be obsolete so Ididn't bother to call. When they get back in January I'll check with them.

I ordered one from Portugal and one from China. Why did I order two? OCD. As far as why it's taking so long I have no clue. They have both provided tracking but neither has updated since they posted it.

You have to go to those country's online post office websites and track from there. Tracking won't show using the eBay links.

I believe THIS LINK (http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html) works for China.