PDA

View Full Version : Light weight changing bag

Leonard Metcalf
19-Dec-2004, 17:56
I am looking for a useable, small and lightweight changing bag for 4 x 5... have had the luxuary of a Pulp Tent for ages, but now also need something light for overnight walking with camera -to be used on the floor in my hiking tent... any recommendations please...?

Alan Davenport
19-Dec-2004, 18:20
I have the Calumet "Changing Room." Also sold under other names, I think. It's light, collapses flat to an oval shape about 16" x 22" X 1" thick. Has a zipper bag to carry it in. Ought to be easy to tie onto a backpack.

Gem Singer
19-Dec-2004, 19:17
Hi Leonard,

Take a look at the plain (not tented) changing bags that Harrison makes. If you like the Harrison Pup Tent, you'll probably also like the Harrison changing bags. They make an outstanding line of products.

Stpephen Willlard
19-Dec-2004, 19:59
There are a few small changing bags on the market. The problem is they have no frame so the material
lays flat on the film and holders. They are very dust and grit prone. I gave up on them years ago.

You could eliminate the need for a changing bag altogether by using preloaded film such as Readyloads or Quickoads
made by Kodak and Fuji respectfully. You only need one film holder, no bag. no cleaning equipment, it will cost more, but
they do save time and weight.

Some people claim they have crawled into their sleeping bags in reverse at nigh inside the tent, but sleeping bags are dirty with lots of dust
and static charge. I have done this and also gave that up years ago.