PDA

View Full Version : Help! Any info will be greatly appreciated

Vanalog
21-Dec-2014, 20:49
Just acquired this lens for a view camera I recently purchased, can't find any info on the lens such as focal length, if it's convertable and too what. Any info or tips you have will be greatly appreciated.

lucaas
21-Dec-2014, 21:31
The lens is an 8 elements/2 groups symmetrical design, so it can be used as a convertible lens. When using both groups, its focus length is 6 1/4in and aperture is f6.8.
When using rear lens only, the aperture is a f13.5 and the focus length is nearly twice of the lens when using both lenses.

Vanalog
22-Dec-2014, 14:33
Thanks! Sorry I'm new to the large format game, would that mean it's equivalent to a 155mm lens? And when front element removed it's around 300? Also any idea on the aperture numbers there's some in white, then some above that look hand engraved. I was thinking the original white was a older scale and someone engraved the above marks in fstops.

goamules
22-Dec-2014, 15:27
Use: http://www.convertunits.com/from/inch/to/mm

You have the lens, or will soon right? Simply remove the front element and measure the focal length (from lens to ground glass, focusing on a distant tree).

Hand engraved marks? You'd have to ask who engraved them.