PDA

View Full Version : 545 Pro on a Shen-Hao?

Travis Bullock
17-Dec-2004, 15:10
Hello everyone-

I recently picked up a Shen-Hao 4x5 on a trip to Shanghai-my first LF camera-and its Graflok back won't take a Polaroid 545 Pro holder as far as I can tell. Does it really not fit, or am I missing something? My workaround has been a "thumbak" but my thumb is getting tired.

Thanks,

Travis

Gem Singer
17-Dec-2004, 15:19
Hi Travis,

You do not actually need to use the Grafloc sliders to hold the Polaroid 545 holder. Merely slip the 545 under the groundglass, like you would do with a standard 2-sided film holder. The rear springs will allow that much thickness. They are just a little stiff when new.

Bob._3483
17-Dec-2004, 19:35
As Eugene says - I just slip it in as with a normal film holder on my Shen Hao. I never like taking the gg off - never know where to put it to keep it safe. The sound of crunching glass as you take a step backwards must be one of the most heart stopping sounds when you do not have a spare with you...

Travis Bullock
18-Dec-2004, 11:04
Thanks guys - that's what I needed to hear. I thought (and read) about sliding it under but wasn't sure if the springs were built for it. It works like a charm, and now I can work much faster. Plus, I don't have a spare gg at all, so keeping it in place is a very good thing indeed.