PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Mistral 2 dryer foam dust filter

Scott Davis
15-Dec-2014, 11:12
I just got a Jobo Mistral 2 dryer. Of course, the foam dust filter was in horribly decayed condition. The filter is just some open-cell foam, so it shouldn't be a big deal to replace it. The question is, where do I look for such a thing?

MrFujicaman
15-Dec-2014, 11:51
Home Depot...that's filter material for window A/C units.

Scott Davis
15-Dec-2014, 11:55
Ok, thanks! I've got one on my way home from work I can swing by and get some.

BarryS
15-Dec-2014, 11:57
I just got a Jobo Mistral 2 dryer. Of course, the foam dust filter was in horribly decayed condition. The filter is just some open-cell foam, so it shouldn't be a big deal to replace it. The question is, where do I look for such a thing?

So you got the Mistral--did you manage to score any other goodies? I usually score foam and other packing materials from the bins near my building's loading dock. I'll check and see if we have a decent-sized piece of foam.

Scott Davis
15-Dec-2014, 12:10
So you got the Mistral--did you manage to score any other goodies? I usually score foam and other packing materials from the bins near my building's loading dock. I'll check and see if we have a decent-sized piece of foam.

It came with both roll and sheet film bags, and film drying clips for roll film and sheet film. The film clips alone were worth what I paid for the dryer!

Jim C.
15-Dec-2014, 16:32
AC filter foam comes in different pore sizes, McMaster sells smaller pore sizes.