PDA

View Full Version : Just a note re Acros pricing

Jim Andrada
11-Dec-2014, 12:19
With the fall in the value of the Japanese Yen, the big stores in Japan are selling 20 sheet boxes of Acros 100 at around $30. They won't ship to the US, unfortunately but the price includes same or next day free delivery so if you have friends in Japan (or business associates) it's something to think about. The hardest part is setting up an account on the Japanese only websites, but they take US Credit Cards (and the card address doesn't have to match the delivery address) so if your friend/etc is GOOD friend they can set the account up for you.

David R Munson
11-Dec-2014, 18:36
I'm moving to Tokyo in March...I do hope the pricing is similar then!

Oren Grad
11-Dec-2014, 18:51
Bic and Yodobashi are both showing Y3680 right now, including consumption tax. It looks like both of them still have loyalty point systems that credit the buyer 10% in points, which would be difficult to take advantage of from overseas but convenient enough if you're local.

The consumption tax was supposed to go up from 8% to 10% next October, but the prime minister has proposed an 18-month postponement of the increase and called a snap election for Dec 14 with the consumption tax postponement and economic management more generally as the central issue.

angusparker
11-Dec-2014, 20:18
Just tried Amazon.co.jp and they wouldn't ship Neopan to the U.S. either. The price was even cheaper there than Yodabashi. Fujifilm shouldn't be soaking its US customers with a price nearly 2x here.... Wish Delta 100 was as good.

Oren Grad
11-Dec-2014, 20:57
Just tried Amazon.co.jp and they wouldn't ship Neopan to the U.S. either. The price was even cheaper there than Yodabashi.

The price quoted by Yodobashi includes consumption tax; I suspect that the price quoted by Amazon doesn't.

Jim Andrada
13-Dec-2014, 09:13
Yodobashi price also includes same day/next day delivery (in Japan of course.) When I lived there I used to buy more at Bic than Yodobashi, but they're both quite good.

Re the points, I seem to recall that you can use them at online checkout time. I buy a fair amount from them since my clients have someone in the US almost every month so I might have enough for a box of film or two - I'll try using them next time.

Jim Becia
13-Dec-2014, 15:00
I recently made a purchase of 8x10 Velvia 100F from a person in Japan. It was serendipitous. I had purchased a lens from Japan and in out emails, he added if there was anything I needed. I asked about 8x10 Velvia 100F because I like it and it is no longer available here in the US. To make a long story short, I paid $200 per box plus shipping. Per box cost ended up being $215 per 20 sheet box, which is a very good price. My only concern was I had to send him the money prior to the sale. Everything worked out well. I have contacted him about a few other films and will try to find out about Acros.

Tin Can
13-Dec-2014, 15:15
They seem pretty hungry in Japan. My recent purchase also included a note asking for more business of any kind. They are getting competitive.

axs810
13-Dec-2014, 15:30
So far all of my Christmas shopping has been off ebay from Japan...I'm starting to find a lot of stuff cheaper from Japan (even w/ shipping) than KEH and the forums.

I don't understand the film price difference though...I'm ok with a little price increase but acros costs too much now IMO

Andrew O'Neill
13-Dec-2014, 18:22
I'll be in Japan next week and I definitely will be checking out my old photo haunts… maybe I'l grab a box or two of Acros.

angusparker
13-Dec-2014, 19:47
I'll be in Japan next week and I definitely will be checking out my old photo haunts… maybe I'l grab a box or two of Acros.

I imagine a few people would like some 8x10......

axs810
13-Dec-2014, 19:51

+1

Andrew O'Neill
13-Dec-2014, 19:53
I'll be looking for it!

StoneNYC
14-Dec-2014, 01:22

+2

Velvia50 8x10 and Acros100 8x10 :)

I have a lead on a dealer that will ship to me but he is checking to see if he's actually still got the connection he used to, I know that supposedly that guy bought the last Velvia50 but for some reason sometimes that could mean "exported" but not REALLY the last made. So waiting to hear.

Sal Santamaura
14-Dec-2014, 09:57

+1

+2

Velvia50 8x10 and Acros100 8x10...Put those items in your cart and check out now:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/film-analog/film/sheet-film/?currency=USD

:D

Eric Biggerstaff
14-Dec-2014, 10:26
Sal,

Thanks for posting this, I added the site to my favorites.

StoneNYC
14-Dec-2014, 11:56
Put those items in your cart and check out now:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/film-analog/film/sheet-film/?currency=USD

:D

The guy I'm buying from is offering the price in Japanese money so it works out to $250 for the Velvia50 and $125 for the Acros100 instead of your guy which is $360 for the Velvia50 and $155 for the Acros100! I'm ordering two of each so it's a savings of $250 to use my guy ;)

BUT it's good to know there are other vendors!

axs810
14-Dec-2014, 12:17
Sal - Thanks for sharing! Definitely bookmarked

StoneNYC - Does your guy have an ebay store? I'd be interested in contacting him

StoneNYC
14-Dec-2014, 13:27
Sal - Thanks for sharing! Definitely bookmarked

StoneNYC - Does your guy have an ebay store? I'd be interested in contacting him

Nope it's all through email, I haven't actually purchased so I can't guarantee anything but he does seem to accept paypal, I'm waiting on a confirmation now and then will be ordering. Let's hope it's legit!

Jim Andrada
14-Dec-2014, 17:29
Acros 8 x 10 is listing on Yodobashi's site for Y14170 ($118.36) per box so $125 is pretty good.

Velvia 50 8 x 10 is listing for Y33,710 ($284.82) The now discontinued version was selling at Y29500 = $249

angusparker
14-Dec-2014, 19:51
Nope it's all through email, I haven't actually purchased so I can't guarantee anything but he does seem to accept paypal, I'm waiting on a confirmation now and then will be ordering. Let's hope it's legit!

Let us know if it all works out. Sure there would be lots more business going his way.

StoneNYC
14-Dec-2014, 21:53
Let us know if it all works out. Sure there would be lots more business going his way.

Got a reply that fuji is shipping it and will be at "my supplier" around the 22-24th and then I pay them and then they ship it, it's closer to the above prices, 30,000 yen for the color plus 7,500 yen for shipping the 4 boxes.