PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI Camera Wikipedia article

Jmarmck
10-Dec-2014, 11:18
In the most recent Zone VI camera request for information Drew suggested that someone start a Wikipedia article on the camera.
I have a start on such an article but there are others here much more knowledgeable and with more detailed information than I have.

I am asking for community participation to offer information to complete this article. I just figured who else but this community is more suited to fill this gap.

I have the general timeline of the Zone VI camera but am lacking information on specifics. The topics of lens boards, latches, bellows lengths, wood and finishes, rail designs should be part of this article. I would have never known about the latches had it not been for the most recent thread.

You can post information here or links to information here or send me a PM.
If this workout to my and the community's liking I will be willing to work on other LF articles.

Thanks

Eric Biggerstaff
10-Dec-2014, 11:30
Both Bruce Barlow and Richard Ritter worked for Picker at Zone VI and have the most knowledge. They are both active members of the forum.

Good idea!

Jmarmck
10-Dec-2014, 11:38
Credit Drew for the good idea. I am just willing to implement it.

I have done business with Richard. He seems to be a busy man so I fear disturbing him. However, I would welcome his participation or perhaps the final review. Same goes for Bruce.

I would like to find a copy of the View Camera Jan/Feb 2003 article and Wisner's view/response.

RichardRitter
10-Dec-2014, 12:55
Find the newsletter call "How to Build a camera' written by Fred Picker and Ron Wisner.

Louis Pacilla
10-Dec-2014, 13:57
Find the newsletter call "How to Build a camera' written by Fred Picker and Ron Wisner.

Is this it? http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/zonevi_1.html

Drew Bedo
10-Dec-2014, 18:07
Can anyone tell me how to forward a PDF file? I am using a 3yr old Dell with Windows-7 and Adobe Acrobat.

HMG
10-Dec-2014, 20:47
Can anyone tell me how to forward a PDF file? I am using a 3yr old Dell with Windows-7 and Adobe Acrobat.

Maybe I'm missing something in your question, but you just attach it to an email. What email program are you using?

Ginette
10-Dec-2014, 20:52

Pdf file can be attached in your post like jpeg images. Click on Manage attachement and upload the pdf file located on your computer.

Good idea about the Wikipédia article.

Drew Bedo
11-Dec-2014, 07:22
Ok HMG and Ginett: I ill click around a d try to post what I have to this board.

ATTENTION ADMINS: Kirk, if it is in some way not cosher to publish this PDF from View Camera magazine, please delete it with my apologies.

Seens that only Ron wisner's rebuttle letter can be attached as the original article bY Richard Ritter is too large for this forum's E-Web-Whatever.

Drew Bedo
11-Dec-2014, 07:24
Can't delete the images from Ritter's article to make it a smaller file . . .Anyone?

Jmarmck
11-Dec-2014, 07:32
Not unless you have the bought version of Acrobat.
I got it.

Bob Salomon
11-Dec-2014, 08:28
Can't delete the images from Ritter's article to make it a smaller file . . .Anyone?

Try PDF Shrink

djdister
11-Dec-2014, 08:41
Try PDF Shrink

I got that article down to 2.2Mb, still to big as an attachment here.

Eric Biggerstaff
11-Dec-2014, 08:46
I would not post the View Camera information without consent of View Camera and the author. There could be a copyright issue in doing so. You could contact VC or Richard directly and likely obtain a copy of the article that could be used.

Drew Bedo
11-Dec-2014, 09:14
Right.

I was thinking that most Wikipedia articles are written as an abstract with references and citations to original sources.

Drew Bedo
28-Dec-2014, 07:40
Is there any movement on this?

Jonathan Barlow
28-Dec-2014, 21:43
I was able to open the 1-page PDF file posted above. The text looks fine but the single image is badly pixelated.

Drew Bedo
29-Dec-2014, 07:59
I have one of the Wista built cameras that were re-badged by Picker, I will e-mail and post some documentary pictures of it . We can ask for similar pictures from others with other models sold by Picker under the Zone VI brand.