PDA

View Full Version : Site outage Saturday, December 13th 2014

Tom Westbrook
9-Dec-2014, 08:32
The fiber optic cables that provide internet access to our server will be replaced on Saturday 13 Dec 2014. The work will start at 7am PST time (10am EST) and will continue until it is done. They estimate 5 hours to complete the work.

While the work is carried out the server & the Forum will be unavailable.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Andrew O'Neill
9-Dec-2014, 10:50
Thanks for the heads up, Tom.

Vaughn
9-Dec-2014, 11:35
Guess I'll just have to watch cartoon on the telly. Dang, no TV...guess I'll take a hike instead...

Liquid Artist
11-Dec-2014, 23:10
Guess I'll just have to watch cartoon on the telly. Dang, no TV...guess I'll take a hike instead...
Don't you wish that you had a nice big camera to take along on that hike :rolleyes:

I'll be stuck behind the wheel of my car, driving through some of the most amazing scenery you'll find anywhere. I hope I can find a camera to bring along my too.

Jonathan Barlow
14-Feb-2015, 17:37
The fiber optic cables that provide internet access to our server will be replaced on Saturday 13 Dec 2014. The work will start at 7am PST time (10am EST) and will continue until it is done. They estimate 5 hours to complete the work.

While the work is carried out the server & the Forum will be unavailable.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Is this site actually running on a personal computer sitting in a home connected to FIOS?

Jac@stafford.net
14-Feb-2015, 18:31
Is this site actually running on a personal computer sitting in a home connected to FIOS?

I would not expect our mentor/supporter to answer your question because misunderstandings might prevail.

Speaking only for myself, if $ funds to support a better server are in order, I am in for it.

Ken Lee
14-Feb-2015, 18:54
This old thread is now closed.