PDA

View Full Version : Austin and NY: Visiting for Alternative Processes of Photography, anyone interested?

zenny
7-Dec-2014, 01:29
Hi:

I am visiting Austin (from December 19, 2014 to January 16, 2015) and NY from January 17 to Feburary 22, 2015 in order to make a documentary on the alternative processes. This award winning photographer and documentary maker is coming a long way from Sweden on his own, fyi.

There would be two versions of the documentary, thematic about the alternative processes and directive one about how the process is achieved.

Got in touch with Richard Puckett on Dry Printing and he arranged a few of LF photographers in Austin.

I would like to meet as many visual artists as possible. Please spread this to APUGs or LFPGs so that they can get in touch with me. If anyone is interested to be part of this documentary, please PM me.

I also anticipate to learn more about the fine art photography scenario in Austin and NY. Please provide me with your own inputs where to visit and whom to contact.

Apology in advance if this is posted to a wrong forum. Thank you!

/zenny

Monty McCutchen
7-Dec-2014, 01:50
Zenny,

When in Austin MAKE SURE you look up Matt Magruder. He is an exceptional Platinum/Palladium Gumover and Wet Plate Photographer doing some very interesting work that in my opinion is original in its thought process. In New York please take the time to look up Melitte Buchman who is a fantastic Wet Plate Collodion photographer who has been part of the process for over ten years. PM me if you would like their contact information.

best with the project,

Monty

zenny
7-Dec-2014, 22:23
Thank you Monty for your recommendation. I shall definitely try to contact both of them.

Just enjoyed watching vimeo video (http://vimeo.com/29686176) about your power-packed gathering. :D

Keep the good things going! I meant the http://www.masterplaters.com/ :D

Zenny,

When in Austin MAKE SURE you look up Matt Magruder. He is an exceptional Platinum/Palladium Gumover and Wet Plate Photographer doing some very interesting work that in my opinion is original in its thought process. In New York please take the time to look up Melitte Buchman who is a fantastic Wet Plate Collodion photographer who has been part of the process for over ten years. PM me if you would like their contact information.

best with the project,

Monty

Monty McCutchen
8-Dec-2014, 07:57
Thank you Zenny. Those are special individuals and I'm lucky to have them as friends.

Hope your project is a roaring success.

Best

Monty

Kirk Gittings
8-Dec-2014, 08:03
Sounds like a great project. How did you decide on Austin and New York? Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico has some legendary AP people (not me).

zenny
10-Dec-2014, 23:18
Thanks for the pointer, Kirk. Got in touch with none other than Richard Sullivan and Melody Bostick and the are marvellous couple and artists. :D

Sounds like a great project. How did you decide on Austin and New York? Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico has some legendary AP people (not me).

zenny
10-Dec-2014, 23:19
Just posted a fundraiser at:

https://www.betterplace.org/en/fundraising-events/documentary_on_artistic_processes_of_photograpy