PDA

View Full Version : Anther new 8X10 (and other formats) LF camera made in Italy?

koh303
2-Dec-2014, 05:54
Yesterday i was cruising facebook and accidentally came across this:
http://largeformat-camera.jimdo.com/8x10/

Everything they made there is supremely Italian, with various concepts and designs i have never seen before, but that are pretty much ingenious.

After a short search i found someone had pointed these out at the very end of a thread i started about the ITO camera from the Czech Republic a few months ago. but i never bothered looking at it.

They seem to have some innovative stuff, and about 3000 Euro for the lowest price 8X10, is similar to what a new Canham would cost.

At least from their facebook page it seems they making MANY cameras, for many customers, i am not sure if they are made to order or if they have units on the shelve. Either way, this is very encouraging to see.

(disclaimer: i have no affiliation to this company in any way)

Michal Makowski
2-Dec-2014, 09:30
ITO 8x10 camera is from Poland, and now the camera is named Svedovsky by owner Stanisław Szwedowski. And the price is 1800$ :-)
(I have no affiliation to this company in any way... Or maybe just one I'm Polish and this is Polish camera ;-)

Cor
3-Dec-2014, 02:33
Their 8*10 camera looks nice, but not superb in my opinion, their 4*5 camera looks well clumsy.. What really looks bad in my opinion are the bellows, and I mean the folds look ugly (the colour is a matter of taste). But to have a good idea one should handle the camera to be more definitive.

That said (and enough grumbling) and is very encouraging that there are so many new LF camera makers in the EU next to existing workshops (we have now Lotus, Austria, Linhof Germany, Ito Czech republic, Argentum Hungary, Svedovsky, Poland Sinar, Switzerland and more I certainly forgot right now))recently, lets hope they are viable so my beloved hobby can be feuled with film and paper in the future.

Best,

Cor

Michal Makowski
3-Dec-2014, 03:24
Ito Czech republic, Argentum Hungary, Svedovsky Poland
Cor

Ito is the former name of Svedovsky and its made in Poland, Cassiopeia is made Czech Republic

Michal

richardman
3-Dec-2014, 03:39
This Italian guy Alessandro Gibellini, makes what appears to be really nice 8x10s. The focusing is using teflon and supposedly very smooth etc. Starts at around $4500-$5000 though :-/

nede
3-Dec-2014, 04:10
One of my friend bought a 8x10 from gibellini, not the bigest with carbon fiber but standard Wood.....at circa 2500€ I prefer my chamonix by far!!
Finish is very bad And light, varnish is an option.......not sure of thoose products

richardman
3-Dec-2014, 05:13
Nice to hear feedback. Thanks.

John Kasaian
8-Dec-2014, 18:30
This is great!
8x10 cameras rock, man!:cool:

nnamron
9-May-2015, 12:46
One of my friend bought a 8x10 from gibellini, not the bigest with carbon fiber but standard Wood.....at circa 2500€ I prefer my chamonix by far!!
Finish is very bad And light, varnish is an option.......not sure of thoose products

Hi there.

I have been reading a lot about Gibelini 8x10. It looks great, but there's so little info about the camera from users.

I' m trying to buy a Chamonix. It's my dream camera. It's been a little hard to get in touch with Chamonix.. I have sent them to emails and still no answer.

So you like the Chamonix much more than the Gibellini?

vinny
9-May-2015, 14:11
nnamron,
The email on chamonix's site goes to Hugo Zhang here in the u.s. I've never waited more than 48hrs for a reply from him. Send him a message on this forum.

nnamron
9-May-2015, 15:44
Thanks. That was a great help :)

mike rosenlof
9-May-2015, 16:11
Just from looking at their web site...

I think it's nice to see a new LF player on the market. It indicates that there is a some life there!

I think the 8x10 looks interesting. They might be using some off the shelf parts for the front extension (maybe, possibly), which seems like a big win for what is certainly going to be small scale manufacturing.

The 4x5 looks a little less elegant to me, like they kept the front extension rails and clamps, but had to scale everything else down.

I have an Arca Swiss 8x10 which is wonderful, but if I were shopping now, I would take a good hard look at Richard Ritter's camera.

But still, always cool to see a new player.

arkadi
4-Jul-2015, 04:28
I also would like to know how Chamonix compare to Gibellini. Let's say 8x10 models.