PDA

View Full Version : Goerz Dagor 210mm lens at one speed

Anton Lukoszevieze
29-Nov-2014, 10:36
Just picked up a Doppel-Anastigmat Goerz Dagor f6.8 210mm lens. The glass is beautiful, but the shutter is only working at one speed,
about 1/25th second and T & B. How would any of you use it? Do I keep it or what? The shutter is an old Huttig shutter, never seen one before....
want to use it on my 5x7 camera...

Andrew Plume
29-Nov-2014, 11:01
Just picked up a Doppel-Anastigmat Goerz Dagor f6.8 210mm lens. The glass is beautiful, but the shutter is only working at one speed,
about 1/25th second and T & B. How would any of you use it? Do I keep it or what? The shutter is an old Huttig shutter, never seen one before....
want to use it on my 5x7 camera...

Hello Anton

a great lens, it eats 5 x 7 and easily covers 10 x 8 too, a keeper imo

you've plenty of scope here, use the 'T' setting and simply expose by removing a lens cap, this is what I would do

good luck and regards

andrew

Liquid Artist
29-Nov-2014, 22:13
I've got a lens with the same issue, and although I haven't mounted it yet I am basically planning on using Andrews solution.
However I also have a Packard shutter, so I may be using it.

BTW, just using the Bulb setting and a cord should give you similar results as a packard. (B and T on my old lens are not reliable)

Peter Yeti
30-Nov-2014, 17:03
I have one in barrel, perhaps my all-time favourite lens. I mostly use it on my Sinar with the Sinar Copal shutter, so shutter speeds and flash sync are no issue. A Packard shutter might limit the image cirle.

Peter