PDA

View Full Version : A chill just ran up my spine....

John Kasaian
26-Nov-2014, 11:13
...I'm having a flashback to a Thanksgiving several years ago, when I attempted to make History with the world's first frozen turkey large format pin hole camera. Oh, the humanity!

Michael Graves
26-Nov-2014, 11:19
...I'm having a flashback to a Thanksgiving several years ago, when I attempted to make History with the world's first frozen turkey large format pin hole camera. Oh, the humanity!

Do you still smoke that stuff?

Alan Gales
26-Nov-2014, 11:30
Do you still smoke that stuff?

I think it's just a natural high. John's as nutty as I am. :cool:

David Karp
26-Nov-2014, 11:34
John,

Not a post from you goes by without me thinking about that Thanksgiving! And each time leaves a smile. :-)

domaz
26-Nov-2014, 12:50

Did it leak light? I think you should try a Turducken next time..

Jim Graves
26-Nov-2014, 13:39
Did it leak light? ..

I would have loved to be listening on that call to the Turkey Hotline ....... "Hello ... My Turkey has a light leak .... "

richardman
26-Nov-2014, 13:51
But the mist important questions are

Did it work? Please show image.

Which end is the lens end?

N Dhananjay
26-Nov-2014, 13:58
Would it be rude to say get stuffed?

jnantz
26-Nov-2014, 14:41

i was at the grocery store last night and i said to myself, i bet john k is making a turkeycam again this year ;)

John,

Not a post from you goes by without me thinking about that Thanksgiving! And each time leaves a smile. :-)
same here :)

Drew Bedo
26-Nov-2014, 18:13
So, it was a smoked turkey?

John Kasaian
26-Nov-2014, 20:14
But the mist important questions are

Did it work? Please show image.

Which end is the lens end?
It started to thaw out before I could get it covered with gaffer's tape and the film holder in situ. Two year old thawed turkey juice everywhere. It wasn't a good thing. No.

Bill Burk
26-Nov-2014, 21:02
I had to use the gaffer's tape to jerry rig a catch-basin on my water heater this afternoon. See there's a pipe about to blow out, and when it does water is going to spray all over my darkroom. Plumber and I looked at it today. He can't believe it hasn't already blown... said it would be a good idea to cut a water bottle and cover it to shield the surrounding area from spray.

Turkey? Heck that's what made me call the plumber. Several years ago some friends in Minnesota clogged their drain with potato peelings during Thanksgiving dinner and their drain burst. So I knew how hard it is to get a plumber on Thanksgiving day - I called him today!

Lens goes in the neck end. Save the tail end for film holder. 325-degrees will fog the IR film, so stick with Pan.

John Kasaian
27-Nov-2014, 21:35
If the bird is frozen rock hard to start with you can cut a slot for the film holder with a Milwaukee Sawzall.
Jim Galli, IIRC, suggested mounting it on a Lazy Susan for panoramics---sort of a poultry based Cirkut, but...wait...I've said too much!:o

Harold_4074
1-Dec-2014, 12:56
325-degrees will fog the IR film, so stick with Pan.

And be sure to save the Pan juices---you can make a fabulous gravy with giblets!