PDA

View Full Version : Source for new bellows for a 8x10 Eastman View No. 2 (same as 8x10 Kodak 2D)?

Jay Decker
23-Nov-2014, 10:47
After searching old threads and finding that some previous sources are not longer making bellows. I have two questions:

1. Has anyone here tried the bellows offered by eBay seller "ecbuyonline2008"? If so, how were they to install and how do they perform?

2. What other sources of 8x10 Eastman View No. 2 (8x10 Kodak 2D) bellows are still out there?

Thanks!

Michael Roberts
23-Nov-2014, 11:06
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?107169-ecbuyonline2008-1-excellent-custom-bellows

Jay, see the link above. I have bought three bellows from Rudy. I like his materials better than Turner and Custom--it's lighter and folds tighter. However, I can't see to communicate the measurements correctly, so this time I sent him the frames--they just arrived in HK, so I'll know in a couple of weeks if this is the solution.

BTW, I'm about to offer a free used 2D bellows but it needs taping all along the corners.

kb2qqm
23-Nov-2014, 11:14
Have you seen tried Mr. Lynch's bellows site ?

http://sandehalynch.com/bellows.htm

Westferry
3-Dec-2014, 07:12
Turner Bellows Co. http://www.turnerbellows.com/photographic_bellows.html

Jim Galli
3-Dec-2014, 08:31
I bought 2 bellows from the ebay seller and was dis-satisfied with both.

Tracy Storer
3-Dec-2014, 09:22
I have seen good and bad bellows from Turner, I ALWAYS use Custom Bellows in England an have never been dissatisfied.
Six or more bellows, 16x20 or bigger, and another half-dozen 5x7-8x10. A good bellows is cheap compared to putting a lot of effort into photographing only to lose the shot(s).

Tin Can
3-Dec-2014, 09:29
I recently bought a wood 8x10 here on the forum. It has new bellows of unknown source, but they have too small of pleating for big square bellows and droop far more than wider pleats do. They are also too thin. I have to but a cereal box under them at 12" of extension.

Big wood cameras need stout bellows imho and proper sizing.

northcarolinajack
7-Dec-2014, 17:56
Custom bellows in the UK is the best. I have purchased from the UK, Ruti in China and Turner. Ruti give good service at a better price and the quality is fine. Turner in the USA will not compress, the material is to heavy. Most of the bellows I have purchased have been for old Kodak 2 or 2D's. I have purchased for
a studio camera that had 3 bellows. This was from Ruti and it was fine. The bellow of choice, for me, is from the UK. But, I will contuse to do business with
Ruti in China.

Jack

angusparker
7-Dec-2014, 21:14
Custom bellows in the UK is the best. I have purchased from the UK, Ruti in China and Turner. Ruti give good service at a better price and the quality is fine. Turner in the USA will not compress, the material is to heavy. Most of the bellows I have purchased have been for old Kodak 2 or 2D's. I have purchased for
a studio camera that had 3 bellows. This was from Ruti and it was fine. The bellow of choice, for me, is from the UK. But, I will contuse to do business with
Ruti in China.

Jack

Custom Bellows +1

Mark Sawyer
8-Dec-2014, 13:35
I bought 2 bellows from the ebay seller and was dis-satisfied with both.

I bought one set from that ebay seller, and won't buy from them again. Functional, but poor quality.

Ari
8-Dec-2014, 14:10
Is Western Bellows still in business? I've wondered about getting their "lifetime bellows" for my 810M.
I saw a listing online, but no indication of whether or not they were still operating.