PDA

View Full Version : hard lens case option

jp
23-Nov-2014, 08:22
I went to Cabelas in search of the elusive 22lr round and was disappointed. They did have some nice "cans" for storing and transporting shotgun shells. I think this box is for four boxes of shotgun shells. It was $6.98, made in the USA and very lightweight compared to normal mil surplus boxes. It has a gasket around the lid so I'd expect it to be water resistant very well. It will fit in my backpack better than reel cases which are great for car/home or inside a pelican case.

It is not big enough for film holders but could protect 2-4 lenses depending on how they are wrapped.

jp
23-Nov-2014, 08:25
And for my other favorite gear

Old_Dick
23-Nov-2014, 09:23
Two snaps and a twist.

Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems(retired)

Tin Can
23-Nov-2014, 10:45
I went to Cabelas in search of the elusive 22lr round and was disappointed. They did have some nice "cans" for storing and transporting shotgun shells. I think this box is for four boxes of shotgun shells. It was $6.98, made in the USA and very lightweight compared to normal mil surplus boxes. It has a gasket around the lid so I'd expect it to be water resistant very well. It will fit in my backpack better than reel cases which are great for car/home or inside a pelican case.

It is not big enough for film holders but could protect 2-4 lenses depending on how they are wrapped.

Price is definitely right!

The first time i heard of Cabelas, I was driving cross country to the mother ship, we had to stop. Great stores. Now they are even in suburbia...

Drew Bedo
26-Nov-2014, 10:47
For around-the-house storage I use cigar boxes by ACID brand cigars (Drew Estates). They are pretty stout for a cigar box and come cheap (free or <$5) if you ask for them. They look really pretty too if you take off the labels and do some light refinishing.