PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 2520 MultiTank 2 +v2509 4X5 reel for hand processing.

linkedit
22-Nov-2014, 09:20
I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but I can't find a definitive answer......

I'm looking at my option for daylight hand processing 4x5. Most forums seem to like the MOD54 or the JOBO 2509 reel. Does anyone have any real world experience with both?

I've read negatives and postives for both, though I'm leaning toward the JOBO, it seems to hold the sheets more securely.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

tgtaylor
22-Nov-2014, 09:42
I started process my own sheet film with new Jobo 2521 Multitank2 tanks and 2509N reels by the hand inversion method. For awhile everything came out perfect. Then after maybe a year or longer I started to consistently get a underdeveloped band in the sky that was about the width of the ridge on top band of the reel. At first I thought that I didn't fill the tank up completely but after several runs I knew that it was something else. So I stopped processing by hand using those tanks and switched to rotary processing and the underdeveloped band disappeared. I surmise that over time a buildup of photoflo was deposited on the reel and that buildup was enough to prevent the even flow of chemistry. Curiously this problem never occurs when hand processing 35 and 120 with the 1500 reels. I now rotary process all sheet film and hand process B&W roll film.

Thomas