PDA

View Full Version : Obed vs Feiso tripods opinion?

Bill_1856
19-Nov-2014, 20:54
I want/need a really light tripod for my 2.25# Nagaoka. The Obed CC-2461 and Feisol CT-3441S have both attracted my attention. About the same height (w/o column) and price. The Obed is slightly heavier, but it has flip leg locks which I prefer.
Will probably match it with a Linhof 3663 head.
Any experience/opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Leszek Vogt
19-Nov-2014, 23:01
From what I saw, both tripods seem to have a middle column. Can you get one without it ? I have a Feisol CT-3371 and it doesn't have the middle column...the option is that I could always add this if I ever wish. I don't have any experience with Oben. Anyway, I've dragged it through the beaches, salt water, sand, dirt...and it continues to perform v. well.

Les

Steve Goldstein
20-Nov-2014, 04:19
I have a 3441S and it comes with a long middle column as Leszek mentioned. You can get a short one for $25:

http://www.feisol.net/feisol-cc2807-short-center-column-p-43.html

though I've never gotten around to doing so. I use it with a smallish Photoclam ballhead when traveling and have had no issues with a 6# Shen-Hao HZX45-AII or my Mamiya 7. It does what it's supposed to do as best I can tell. I don't mind the twist locks, though I can see why some might prefer flip locks. With a modest-sized ballhead you can slide the center column through and flip the legs over and it will still fit into the carry bag it comes with, i.e. there's no increase in packed overall length or girth. Maybe the Obens can do this too, I'm not familiar with them. It should be more than adequate for your Nagaoka 4x5.