PDA

View Full Version : Plaubel Peco Jr. a 4x5?

SC
9-Dec-2004, 09:10
I haven't found much information on this camera. It is engraved with 9x12 and 10x15, but I was able to slide in a 4x5 film holder into its back without a problem. It came with a bag bellows and a deardorff ground glass. I just need a lensboard now. It has front and rear swings, axial tilts and front rise and shift. Most of what I read leads me to think that this is a 6x9, but the back is bigger. I saw one of these a few years ago fully dedicated for 6x9, but it seemed smaller. So my question is will I be able to shoot full frame 4x5s? Also, is the standard bellows really difficult to find? Thanks for your help.

Ernest Purdum
9-Dec-2004, 19:50
Since you are able to insert a 4" X 5" holder, it's a 4X5. Regarding the bellows, try www.plaubel.com. If they don't still supply them, Camera Bellows in England can provide any bellows you might want, though bellows frames might be a problem. With enough patience, a bellows might show up on eBay (search "any country" for Plaubel).

SC
9-Dec-2004, 20:35
I put a makeshift lensboard with a 90 raptar onto it and it looks like it will cover fine. The camera looks made to last, certainly different than my toyo field. I can't quite afford that arca swiss f line yet, so I didn't think it was a bad thing to check out as it cost me $160. If anyone has experiences or advice for this camera that would be great. Thank you.