PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 045n-2 with a 600mm Nikkor ED T

Eric Woodbury
15-Nov-2014, 14:35
Anybody out there use these together? I was just trying, but ran into some problems. First, the lens doesn't seem to want to seat in the front standard enough to lock. It's close, but there must be something binding that could be fixed. Second, if there is enough bellows, it might be enough only for infinity. Third, that lens is heavy. Seems heavier every time I use it. Maybe I should leave this beast at home, sell, or keep just for the 5x7.

Thanks,
EW

richardman
15-Nov-2014, 22:20
... First, the lens doesn't seem to want to seat in the front standard enough to lock. It's close, but there must be something binding that could be fixed....
EW

Is it using a Copal 3 shutter or equally large ones? We just talked about this on another thread: if the shutter is too large, it does not fit well as you said. You can position the aperture to the bottom and also use a spacer to lift the shutter away from the lensboard. I just cut a ring from matt board.

jesse
16-Nov-2014, 11:28
I don't think the bellow is long enough.
Also the front board is not firm enough to hold heavy lens.

Jim Andrada
19-Nov-2014, 22:57
I use one on my Linhof Technika sometimes - a bit extreme but it will work.

vinny
20-Nov-2014, 12:21
I don't think the bellow is long enough.
Also the front board is not firm enough to hold heavy lens.

The bellows are plenty long enough as this lens only needs about 400mm to focus at infinity. The T stands for telephoto. I don't own this lens but can't imagine it would be much worse than my 450 nikkor M.
I routinely use my 450mm on my chamonix and can extend the bellows to 500mm using my extension bracket.