PDA

View Full Version : EFKE/ADOX PL100 Hardening

Will S
3-Nov-2014, 15:59
Hi,

I'm finally running out of film and switching to my boxes of EFKE/ADOX PL100. I understand this film needs a pre-soak and a hardener to help prevent scratches. Normally I use Ilford Rapid Fix. Should I switch to TF-4 or something else? Do a separate hardening tray after fixing? Is there a fixer with hardener that will work with this? I understand there might be fogging issues with the Ilford Rapid Fix and this film as well? I'm developing with PyrocatHD and Rodinal for contact printing on Lodima, so any suggestions there would be welcome too.

Any guidance greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Will

Jim Fitzgerald
3-Nov-2014, 18:48
I pre=soak my Efke 25 and develop in Pyrocat HD water stop and then it TF-4. Never ever a scratch.

LF_rookie_to_be
4-Nov-2014, 05:22
In the last year and a half I developed cca. 120 sheets of 8x10" EFKE 100 in a Jobo 3004. Pre-soaked to wash off anti-halation layer, souped in Adonal and fixed in Fomafix. Not a single scratch.

andreios
4-Nov-2014, 05:26
I use this film almost exclusively, scratches are not a problem for me but I did have a few painful experiences with the emulsion peeling off... Just handle the film in care and never put more than one in a tray.

Will S
4-Nov-2014, 06:12
Thanks for the replies. I guess my fear of scratches is unfounded. But after reading now I'm leery of high b+f!

Thanks,

Will