PDA

View Full Version : Fujimoto CP51 processing questions?

Stpephen Willlard
6-Dec-2004, 06:16
About two years ago I purchased a Fujimoto CP51 RA4 processor. I bought it used on ebay, and it came with
a wash-dry module. It sat in boxes in my wife's living room until just recently.

My partner and I have spent the last couple of months cleaning it up and getting it running. I can say
this, it is dream come true.

The reason I bought the unit was primarily for processing large panoramic images.
We hoped to run 16x40 and 20x50 prints through it. Fujimoto says the largest print that it can take is a
20x24. I did talk with the JOBO people who market the processor. They felt it was feasible. Fujimoto
Restricts the paper size out of concern of jamming the paper. If the paper is not squarely inserted it can run
off the rollers, contaminate the chemistry, and the jam the machine.

We intend to build an alignment edge so that we can guide the paper into the machine squarely. Has
anyone ever tried this? Can anyone foresee any problems we may have? Any comments would be greatly
appreciated?

Thanks.

kthompson
6-Dec-2004, 15:00
I've done something similar to that with an Ilford processor, that had a 20 inch width. it took 2 people, but one person fed the paper in as straight as they could (good luck!), and the other person handled it as it came out. this was with strips that were 20 inches by several feet. It seemed that no matter how hard you tried to get the paper inserted straight--it would skew inevitably. Mostly because one edge would go in maybe a 16th of an inch or something before the other side, and over the course of maybe 4 feet or so, it would be jumping off the edge of the rack, and creasing the paper. We never jammed the machine though we screwed up some prints and it was a fun day at work. Alot of cussing and swearing that we'd never do that again---and guess what? We never did that again, but we had to do it that day to get this project done for a deadline that some dumba** dumped on us at the last minute.

So, I dunno how the CP51 will handle it, but it worked so-so on our machine--a 2150. If you feed a 5 inch longroll into a machine that size, it works great. But when your at the limit to begin with, there's no fudge room, and those rollers can pull from one end or the other, and the rollers can also swell with age and run at ever so slightly different speeds. It's a PIA, but it might work--might as well try it.

Eric Jones
6-Dec-2004, 15:49
I found this listing on the web:

http://www.cambridgeworld.com/fujimoto_processor.htm (http://www.cambridgeworld.com/fujimoto_processor.htm)

If you scroll down it lists a Fujimoto CP-51 Roll Paper Take-Up Unit but it does not list specs. Maybe a phone call?

I also saw one on e-bay recently. Maybe search past auctions for it and see if you could get some specs that way.

Hope this helps

Eric Jones

Clayton Tume
7-Dec-2004, 02:40
I do this all the time on other processors, I don't have a Fujimoto. You'll find running at the max width will rarely give you a good print, expect creases and side damage. 16" paper you should be fine, I usually roll the paper into about a 2" diameter roll, square the ends up then feed it in. If you have some guides or make some for that roll to sit it it should run reasonably square into the machine.

With practice you get good at it.

Stpephen Willlard
9-Dec-2004, 14:32
I would like to thank everyone for there contribution. I am encouraged!

Thanks again.

12cameraman
31-Oct-2006, 18:20
Hi,
Please check out http://www.cambridgeworld.com/fujimoto_processor.htm
There is an item there called "Roll Paper Magazine" item 411414. It is meant, I believe, to feed paper from a roll. It may not be exactly what you need, but it may give you some ideas on how to build what you need.
Good Luck!