PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Horseman SW612 75mm mask photo or scan

Sizam
1-Nov-2014, 11:24
Hi all,
I'm picking up a 75mm lens for my Horseman SW612 but it has no mask for the viewfinder, its been impossible for me to track one of these down (except maybe a store in China, maybe). I was wondering if anybody has one and could just take a photo of it or scan it for me and I could just print out my own mask.

Frustraitingly enough I also can't find photos of one online, I can find photos/images of every other mask but the 75mm :p

Thanks!

Jac@stafford.net
1-Nov-2014, 12:42
Frustraitingly enough I also can't find photos of one online, I can find photos/images of every other mask but the 75mm

Is it for the 75mm Grandagon, below?

Sizam
1-Nov-2014, 17:12
Yes! Where did you find that photo?! Man, I've spent an embarrassingly long time in Google trying to find one :)

pierre506
1-Nov-2014, 17:49
I believe it's hard to find such kind of mask individually.
Can you try to DIY?
You have to ask someone else to make it if not.
There is an sample.

Sizam
1-Nov-2014, 21:17
That's the plan Pierre. I figure I can match up a 75mm scan/photo with one of my 55mm mask so they're the same circle size and print one out.

pierre506
1-Nov-2014, 22:16
That's the plan Pierre. I figure I can match up a 75mm scan/photo with one of my 55mm mask so they're the same circle size and print one out.

The picture showed above is asking for US$20.
I am not sure if they make of 75mm for 612. But I believe it's easy.

hoffner
2-Nov-2014, 04:19
Hi all,
I'm picking up a 75mm lens for my Horseman SW612 but it has no mask for the viewfinder, its been impossible for me to track one of these down (except maybe a store in China, maybe). I was wondering if anybody has one and could just take a photo of it or scan it for me and I could just print out my own mask.

Frustraitingly enough I also can't find photos of one online, I can find photos/images of every other mask but the 75mm :p

Thanks!

You can make whatever mask quite easily DIY. All it takes is some experimentation on the mask opening (I use dark tapes) and gg. Once the tape corresponds on the gg you measure the opening dimension and make then a fixed mask. That's all it takes.

Sizam
2-Nov-2014, 07:31
Pierre, where do you see it asking for $20?

Hoffner, I started to do that but then realized that 5'-10' away might look different in the RF than 20'-infinity and I don't have s good subject for framing 20' away at this wide :)

hoffner
2-Nov-2014, 11:23
Hoffner, I started to do that but then realized that 5'-10' away might look different in the RF than 20'-infinity and I don't have s good subject for framing 20' away at this wide :)

I understand you. A distant house with its vertical and horizontal lines is good to frame the mask opening dimension vertically and horizontally.

Jac@stafford.net
2-Nov-2014, 11:53
Yes! Where did you find that photo?! Man, I've spent an embarrassingly long time in Google trying to find one :)

I found it using a saved image from http://ruimoraisdesousa.blogspot.com/2009_04_05_archive.html
Google Inside Image Search (http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html) is my friend.

I'm a bit puzzled that the page in the first link speaks of the Apo-Grandagon 35mm while the images of the finder are of the 75mm mask. BTW, I use the Apo-Grandagon 35mm, however rarely. It is wildly wide, IMHO, and covers nominal 6x12 only at f/16 or f/22. Oh, and the ground glass back for the camera hardly suffices, although there is no error in its design. It's just me and wide lenses.

(I could swear that I had four masks for the finder but could not find them. If I do, then I'll scan it 1:1 for you.)

Sizam
2-Nov-2014, 13:46
Ah, inside image search looks really interesting. That'd be great if you can find those masks and if you could scan em all that be awesome, it's so hard to find the actual lenses and masks that I'm planning on using 3rd party cones with the 'original' lenses. It'd really help yo have the mask templates.

Thanks!

pierre506
2-Nov-2014, 18:09
Pierre, where do you see it asking for $20?

It's in China.