PDA

View Full Version : Fake Wista 45?

civiliano
1-Nov-2014, 07:21
Hello everyone!

I'm new to largeformat photography and looking for a decent camera to start with. I got a offer for a Wista 45. The seller sent me some images of the camera. I never saw a Wista 45 like this one? Is it a cheap copy or very old model?

Thanks for your advice!
Here some pictures:

Bob Salomon
1-Nov-2014, 08:17
No it is a wood Wista. Either one of the cherry wood or rosewood or quince wood ones. Cherry and quince wood are current production versions.

djdister
1-Nov-2014, 08:17
Not a fake, rather an older Wista/Tachihara Field 45 camera, which came before the Wista 45DX series of wood field cameras.

Doremus Scudder
1-Nov-2014, 10:14
Not a fake, rather an older Wista/Tachihara Field 45 camera, which came before the Wista 45DX series of wood field cameras.

... and it looks in pretty good shape. It does seem, however, to lack shift movements, which would rule it out for me... If you don't need shift, and plan to use lenses between about 90mm and 240mm it would be a good camera. I love my Wista DXs (I own two).

Best,

Doremus

civiliano
1-Nov-2014, 14:40
Thanks for your replies! So it seems like a serious offer. But as Doremus mentioned i dont want to miss shift movements. So i pass on that offer.

Thanks again for your help and hopefully see you soon with some of my first 4x5 photographs.

Best regards from switzerland,

Silvio